Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Clash of Clans is extensively tested before each update on several device types internally within Apple's Software Development Kit, as well as by Apple themselves during the update approval process. There are times however, where some user's devices encounter issues after initial install, update, or server maintenance. Here are some self-help steps to try if you are encountering issues. Some of these steps or menu paths may be different or not available on every iOS version.
PLEASE ASSOCIATE YOUR VILLAGE WITH GAMECENTER! VILLAGES NOT ASSOCIATED WITH GAMECENTER (ONLY LINKED TO THE LOCAL FILES ON THE DEVICE) CAN NOT BE RETRIEVED IF YOU LOSE ACCESS TO THE LOCAL FILES.
Note: Jailbroken devices are not fully supported. If it's jailbroken, we can't help you. Return the device to original configuration to fully enjoy Clash of Clans.
- Close the app and relaunch it.
From the home screen, click the "Home" button twice (or do the 4-finger swipe upwards) to show open apps. Press and hold the Clash of Clans icon in the open app screen until the red "-" appears. Click that to close the program. Press "Home" again to exit that screen.
- Power your device off and back on, then try re-launching the app.
Press and hold the sleep button until the power-off swipe displays, then power off. Wait until it is fully off, then power it back on.
- Remove the app and re-install it.
Click and hold on the Clash of Clans icon until icon jiggles and "X" appears, then click it to remove. Press the "Home" button to exit delete mode (the jiggling stops). If the icons don't jiggle at all, make sure "Deleting Apps" is not turned off in Settings
- Upgrade your device to the latest iOS version it supports.
You can do this either via your iTunes sync, or over the air for iOS 5+ (Settings
- Check to see that your device is not full (Settings
Make sure you have a few MB available for temp or update files.
- Reset your Apple ID Authorization by simply installing any free app that isn't already on your device. You can remove it afterwards if need be.
- Log out of Gamecenter or Facebook (if linked) and log back in. You can disconnect from Facebook in-game if you can access the game. To log out of Gamecenter, open it, click "me" at the bottom, then click the banner that says "Account: your account" then "Sign Out". Log back in one at a time (if on both) to see which (if either) is causing the issue.
- If your device utilizes syncing with a computer through iTunes, try syncing.
- Ensure your Date/Time settings and Time Zone are correct.
→General→Date & Time
- Do you have a good network connection that is allowing TCP traffic over port 9339? Some public hotspots do not have this open.
- If you suspect network issues, you can reset network settings:
→General →Reset→Reset Network Settings
- If your device was issued through work or school, there could be issues with any profiles installed via Mobile Device Management programs, Apple Configurator, or content filtering. Check with your work/school IT Department to further investigate.
- Check the crash logs; they may provide a clue: Settings
→General →About →Diagnostics & Usage →Diagnostics & Usage Data. Within that list, any Clash of Clans ones should start with "Clash of Clans_" followed by the date. There is a lot of techie stuff in there, but some plain text info near the top that may help.
- Contact your Service Provider. If the above steps didn't help you, 99% of the time, it's an issue with your ISP. Some providers either unintentionally or for specific reasons mis-categorize Clash of Clans network traffic. Several major ISPs currently or previously have blocked the game either all the time or during specific times of the day. Contact their customer support and explain your issues to them to see what they can do.
- You can always do a factory reset. (Not recommended without being linked to gamecenter!)
It is recommended to do an iCloud backup first, then restore from iCloud backup; make sure Settings
→iCloud →Documents & Data is turned on. You can further check that Clash of Clans is specifically being backed up by clicking Settings →iCloud →Storage & Backup →Manage Storage→Backups (your device name will be here). Under "Backup Options", confirm Clash of Clans is "on". For older devices, you can do a backup through iTunes.
This should be the last option. If your village is not linked to gamecenter, this step is not advised as you will lose access to the locally-stored village files.
Further Troubleshooting Steps
If none of these steps help you, These are your next best options. It is helpful to already know the following - most of which can be retrieved through Settings →General →About:
|iOS Device Model - iPad (1/2/3/4/mini), iPhone (iPhone/3G/3GS/4/4S/5), iPod Touch (1/2/3/4/5th gen)|
|iOS Software Version|
|Utilizing Wi-fi or Cellular|
- If the crashes happen in-game, where you can access the game, Click the Settings icon, then Help and Support button, then "Report an Issue" button. This is important, because it sends the e-mail with in-game account data needed to better help you.
- E-mail support directly with as much detail as you can to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a forum post in the "Bugs & Problems" sub-forum. The first thing we are going to ask is if you tried the steps in this article (also a sticky within that forum), so please indicate as much if you did. When making the posts, please include model/iOS/connection type as well as what point the app fails/crashes and as many details as possible.