The Archer Raid is a simple concept. Use this strategy to overwhelm the defensive buildings! However, be careful when you use this! Mortars are dangerous to Archers!
- How To Use The Archer Raid
- First, you want to use this strategy on a non-boxed base unless you have high-leveled Archer and/or distraction troops. (I explain what the difference is between a non-boxed and a boxed base near the bottom of the page)
- Once you find a suitable base that you feel is a worthwhile raid, zoom out by pinching your fingers on the screen.
- Once zoomed out, you want to hold your fingers down and circle them around the defending player’s base (watch the video to see). This will cause a spam of Archers. Be careful on some bases though. Sometimes you will want to put a few Archers close together to take out Mortars and Wizard Towers, which can be dangerous to Archers.
- Defensive Strategy
- Always make sure you always have the Town Hall in middle, not on the edge of Walls. Even if your Walls are doubled, Archers can shoot over the Walls and easily take out your Town Hall for an automatic win.
- Don’t worry about this if you have a farming base. I will make a tutorial later on how to make a successful farming base against Archer Raids.
- Player Experience
- Whal3Fail123 Experience: Once someone attacked my base with around 25-35 Archers, but all of them were placed in the same spot, giving my Mortar a chance to shoot them. They all perished at once because of my Mortar's splash damage and my Mortar was upgraded and the Archers were not. LESSON: Never place too many Archers in one spot.
- RandyM1940 Experience: I usually use 2 Healers, 15 Giants, 3 Wall Breakers, and 100+ Archers. What I do is deploy all the Wall Breakers, then deploy all the Giants, then all the Healers. Then I spam the Archers and they destroy everything while the Giants take out the defenses. It always works. Try it out yourself!
Depending on your archer level, you should only attack with this strategy if the base isn't boxed. What I mean by that with the boxed base, Archers will have a hard time getting to the center. Check out the first picture to see what I mean. With the second picture it's perfect to Archer raid because you can get to the center (Town Hall) easily. You can still Archer raid on boxed bases, just be careful, because to win you must destroy 50% of the buildings or Town Hall. (Walls are NOT considered buildings.)
If the base has high level Mortars or Wizard Towers then refrain from using this strategy, instead use Giants and Air Troops (Balloons and Dragons) to help. Even Heroes will help with the Archer Raid. With these troops the defenses may get distracted and will allow the Archers to attack without being threatened.
- Examples Of An Archer Raid
If this Strategy Guide contains any inappropriate content, please report it here: Clash of Clans Wiki:Report