"Turn this Spell into a pop-up army!
Clone Spells create a circle of spawning that creates limited-lifetime copies of troops that enter it. It will only spawn up to a maximum housing space of troops."
- The Clone Spell is a spell that copies troops that enter the spell's radius.
- These copied troops are equal in level (and health) to the original troop. They last a limited amount of time, and can be destroyed prematurely by defenses.
- A single troop is sufficient to generate copies of itself for the housing space of the spell level.
- It can clone all troops except for Heroes.
- Cloned Golems, Witches and Lava Hounds will split into or summon their respective subtroops also in the cloned status.
- It can also clone subtroops including the Skeleton Spell's Skeletons. For this purpose, each Golemite is assumed to take 15 housing spaces, each Skeleton takes 1 and each Lava Pup takes 2.
- Spawned troops from the Heroes can be cloned.
- Lower leveled Clone Spells will be unable to clone Golems, Lava Hounds or Electro Dragons, and may also be unable to clone Dragons or P.E.K.K.As,. A fully upgraded Clone Spell will be able to clone all of these.
- Clone capacities from multiple Clone Spells won't be combined, unlike Army Camps which always combine. For example, two level five Clone Spells won't clone three Dragons.
- If more than one troop is inside the deployed Clone Spell, the troop spawned first will be cloned first.
- Offensive Strategy
- Try using the cloned units as tanks for the original units as they last for limited time.
- The cloned troops do not count to the Eagle Artillery's housing space to activation, but don't forget that the Clone Spell itself counts as 15 troop housing spaces.
- Cloning a Golem/Lava Hound at low health will create a new Golem/Lava Hound with full health. Use this to your advantage, as the cloned troop will be able to tank lots of damage.
- Using the Clone Spell when your troops are at the core of a base can be very useful, as you get more troops to power through high-hitpoint structures, such as the Town Hall, the Clan Castle, X-Bows, Inferno Towers, and the Eagle Artillery.
- The two spell bottles behind the main bottle on the icon represent the cloned troops.
- This is the only spell that takes up 3 housing spaces, and it is the most expensive Elixir spell in the game in terms of per one spell. Due to its housing requirements, it is currently the only spell that can't be donated.
- The Clone Spell is also used in Clash Royale, however in a slightly different fashion.
- Interestingly, the Clone in Clash Royale is in a bottle that resembles Dark Elixir spells. In that game, it duplicates all troops in its radius and the clones have 1 hitpoint, rather than creating multiple clones (with full health and limited time) at a time.
- Among all permanent Troops and Spells, the Clone Spell is the only one whose introduction into the game doesn't also introduce a new upgrade level of the corresponding army building.
- The update on October 12th, 2016 reduced its brewing time from 20 minutes to 12 minutes.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner • Electro Dragon|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden|
|Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell|
|Siege Machines||Wall Wrecker • Battle Blimp|