- A common war term used to describe a portion of an army that serves a critical function as a first phase to help the following phase(s) in the attack. For example, in a GoLaLoon attack, the kill squad (usually consisting of Golems, Wizards and Heroes) is typically used to disable the opposing Clan Castle troops, some Air Defenses and the Archer Queen.
- A structure in the Home Village that allows you to upgrade troops and spells. Depending on the context, it may also refer to the Star Laboratory.
- An air unit in the Home Village with a favorite target of Air Defenses. When a Lava Hound dies, it splits up into 8 to 14 (dependent on level) Lava Pups, a weaker version of the Lava Hound. The Lava Hound is a Dark Elixir troop.
- A Lava Hound splits into up to eight of these (at level 1), ten (at level 2), twelve (at level 3) and fourteen (at level 4) of these Subtroops when it dies. A Lava Pup cannot be trained.
- Refers to a specific distribution of buildings, traps and walls. Each layout is typically designed for a purpose (protecting resources, protecting trophies in general, defending against a particular troop like a Hog Rider, etc.). Different layouts not only cause troops to behave in a certain way, it also will typically dictate the attack strategy employed by the opponent.
- The way Clash of Clans divides players with different trophy counts, by placing players with similar trophy count together to judge progress. There are eight leagues in the Home Village (namely Bronze, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Master, Champion, Titan and Legend), and each league except for Legend has three divisions. Higher leagues provide higher league bonuses and star bonuses for every victory, but generally the opponents in higher leagues will be harder to beat. To join a League one must complete an attack when they have at least 400 trophies. The leagues reset every month.
- Bonus loot won in addition to Resources that were stolen from the enemy, upon achieving a victory whilst in a League. The League Bonus is dependent on how much of the enemy's base was destroyed in the attack; more destruction means a higher proportion of League Bonus is awarded.
- Permanent purple Trophies that are awarded at the end of a Legend League season, in trade for any excess trophies past 5000 the player might have at the end of a Legend League season. These trophies are displayed in the player's profile.
- A spell that invokes a number of lightning bolts drop from the sky, damaging all buildings and enemy troops in a small area. The closer the building or troop is to the center of the spell, the more damage that unit will receive.
- Colloquial term usually referring to bonus Resources won by scoring a victory in Multiplayer Attacks or Versus Battles.
- Special items, usually obtained from Clan Games, that have special functions, such as allowing instantaneous completion of an Upgrade, or boosting all of a player's Resource Collectors at once.
- The one and only Builder in the Builder Base. He functions just like a normal Builder does, except that he has two distinctions: he controls the Battle Machine, and he is also able to gear up particular defenses in the Home Village.
- A meat shield is one or more troops used as a "distraction" to draw fire away from other troops so they can do damage. The Giant is obviously the most common meat shield because of his high health. P.E.K.K.A is also a great choice for a meat shield because of her high health and high DPS. However, because many people don't have/can't afford a P.E.K.K.A (or do not seem to find it viable), they use Giants instead.
- A Trap in the Builder Base that does rather heavy damage. Like the Mine, it can be set to attack either ground or air troops.
- A defense in the Builder Base that does massive damage but has a very slow fire rate. Its chain lightning allows it to hit a second target a distance from its initial target.
- Disorganized, free-for-all, close quarters combat. In Clash of Clans terms, a melee troop is one that attacks via hand-to-hand combat as opposed to at range. If a melee troop is in range to attack another troop, that troop can always attack back.
- A Trap in the Builder Base that explodes like a Bomb, doing minor damage. It can be set to attack either ground or air troops, but not both at once.
It can also refer to the Gold Mine, depending on the context.
- An Elixir troop that burrows underground to reach their target, bypassing walls where necessary, while impervious to any damage while doing so.
- An inexpensive, ranged air unit that has low HP and low DPS. It cannot be targeted by Seeking Air Mine. The Minion is a Dark Elixir troop.
It can also refer to the Beta Minion, depending on the context.
- See Clan Member.
- A defensive structure in the Home Village that targets ground units only and has a very low attack rate, but does a considerable amount of splash damage over a relatively large radius.
- A defensive building in the Builder Base that fires a burst of four mortar shells at a time, each doing splash damage to ground troops.
- See Raid. Multiplayer attacks refer specifically to those raids against another user in the Home Village, and often refer to only those attacks that occur as a result of multiplayer matches.
- Multiplayer matching is the act of selecting the "Attack!" button on the main screen while in the Home Village and then clicking "Find a Match" (for a nominal fee of Gold). If a player is currently in a Trophy League and successfully scores at least one star in such a match, that player will receive a League Bonus
- Making something (usually a troop) worse. This can come directly or indirectly, directly as in nerfing the troop's statistics while indirectly as buffing some defensive buildings that can counter the troop.
- A verb used to describe searching for a base to raid. ex: I keep nexting but can't find a good base to attack.
- A troop in the Builder Base that spawns Bats periodically. Its passive ability allows it to spawn a few more Bats upon death.
- Natural objects that are randomly placed about your village. Removing them can earn you a small amount of Gems. Obstacles periodically respawn, but in either one of the two Villages, only 45 of them will appear at any one time. This includes Trees, Rocks, Bushes, Mushrooms, Gem Boxes, and Trunks, etc.
- A term that refers to a unit or structure completely destroying another previously-undamaged unit or structure in a single attack, i.e. destroying it in one shot. Usually used as a verb, such as "That Archer Tower one-shotted my Witch."
- The reciprocal term of subtroops, referring to Golems, Witches, Lava Hounds, Night Witches and Drop Ships. They split into or summon their corresponding subtroops.
- An ability that does not require manual activation and works by itself. All Builder Base Troops possess a passive ability that is unlockable when they are sufficiently upgraded. See Ability.
- Currently one of the most powerful of the Elixir-based troops, the P.E.K.K.A is a ground-based, melee unit that has very high HP and very high DPS.
- See P.E.K.K.A.
- See P.E.K.K.A.
- The first phase of a Clan War, lasting 23 hours, in which participants can donate troops to War Bases in an effort to defend their War Bases as well as scout enemy War Bases for which they can formulate strategies in order to win stars from these enemy War Bases.
- See Elixir Collector.