Clash of Clans Wiki deals with dozens of different images daily, which are not regulated in any way. As a result of this, confusion could arise. To prevent such cases of confusion and minimize the amount of wasted space, the administration has developed a number of measures aimed at improving this situation.
- Do not upload images that contain or express vulgar, offensive, gross, or pornographic content, or any other content that contradicts the FANDOM rules.
- Users should refrain from creating image names that are similar to that of existing images.
- Do not upload a duplicate image that has already been uploaded previously. However, if you wish to upload an image of higher quality to replace an older image, you may upload the image and then request an image name change by contacting a Staff Member.
- It is not recommended to upload images with no practical purpose.
- Files with mundane titles such as Image.jpg or Yes.png will not be accepted and will be deleted. However, if you accidentally do name an image such as the examples used, you may request an image name change by contacting a Staff Member.
All images used in the articles are standardized for ease of use and editing. In addition it makes it easier to find them in the internal Wiki search engine.
Most images have the following naming style:
|Standard naming for images in article|
|Object name(without space)Object Level(dot)File extension|
(It should be noted that if there is more than one word in the name of the object, they are all written down with a space)
Example: Air Sweeper6.png
A similar form of naming images can be applied to screenshots:
|(Highest Raid Tournament for example)|
Tournament Raid(space)Nickname(dot)File extension
|Example: Tournament Raid OriginalNickname.jpg|
(In any other case, you must follow the standard below)
Example: Chief OriginalNickname.jpg
- No matter how well you observe the naming rules, you will not be able to upload images until you become an autoconfirmed user.
- This process takes 4 days from the time you first log into Wiki.
- The system automatically rejects attempts to upload images with plain names, such as: qwerty, 12-4-2017, GhYuIlP as well as names which contain foul language.