"Electrocute your enemies with bolts of lightning!
Cast this spell at the enemy village to damage buildings and units inside a small area."
- The Lightning Spell is the first spell unlocked from the Spell Factory, and is automatically unlocked once the Spell Factory has finished construction.
- When this spell is used a number of lightning bolts drop from the 'sky', damaging all Buildings and enemy Troops randomly (but within a circle of 3.5 tiles in radius). The most damage is done to the area where the spell is dropped.
- Offensive Strategy
- A known strategy is to use Lightning Spells only on the Dark Elixir Storage to easily steal Dark Elixir.
- It is very useful to take out an enemy's defenses such as Cannons, Archer Towers or Mortars.
- It is also very useful to take out enemy Clan Castle Troops.
- It can be used to destroy Mortars, or at least damage them significantly due to their relatively low hitpoints.
- It can be very useful if you need to just destroy a building to get a star.
- A good Trophy-hunting strategy is to use Lightning Spells to take out an Air Defense then deploy Dragons, although it takes 3 fully upgraded Lightning Spells to take out a lvl 2 Air Defense. Jorge Yao stated in his interview that he used that tactic to help him reach number one on the top players' list.
- Lightning Spells are usually used to take out or damage Defenses with relatively low hit-points.
- 5 level 6 lightning spells can take out a level 4 Town Hall (and lower), however this isn't a recommended method.
- The Lightning Spell used to take 2 hours to make, but it was reduced in an update to 1 hour. The update on 17 Apr 2013 further reduced the creation time to 30 minutes.
- Supercell posted a teaser on it: Lightning Spell Video
- The Lightning Spell's damage goes up by 30 points after every upgrade.
- It takes 2.4 seconds for all the lightning to strike.
- Currently, the Lightning Spell is the only available Spell that can damage buildings without the need for Troops.
- Although the Lightning Spell can be upgraded to level 2 in the level 1 Laboratory, only Troops and Spells that are already unlocked will appear in the Laboratory upgrade interface. The Lightning Spell will not appear in the Laboratory until the Spell Factory is built (which requires Town Hall level 5). Most players already have a level 3 Laboratory by that time; if so, the first three upgrades will be available as soon as construction of the Spell Factory finishes.
- As part of the Version 5.2 - 30th September 2013 update when the lightning spell is dropped, bats will spawn from where the spell is dropped and fly out of the screen.
|Tier 1||Barbarian • Archer • Goblin|
|Tier 2||Giant • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard|
|Tier 3||Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem • Witch|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen|
|Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Santa's Surprise|