- Return to the Main Guide.
This is a guide on how to start playing Clash of Clans.
Table of Contents
- Already higher than Town Hall level three? Click the link to the section of this guide that you're looking for in the Table of Contents.
|Name||Description||Town Hall Level|
|How to start playing Clash of Clans||This section is about how to start playing the Clash of Clans game, for players with a Town Hall which is lower than level four.||1, 2, 3|
|Town Hall level 4 guide||This section is for players with TH4.||4|
|Town Hall level 5 guide||This section is for players with TH5.||5|
|Town Hall level 6 guide||This section is for players with TH6.||6|
|Town Hall level 7 guide||This section is for players with TH7.||7|
|Town Hall level 8 guide||This section is for players with TH8.||8|
|Town Hall level 9 guide||This section is for players with TH9.||9|
|Town Hall level 10 guide||This section is for players with TH10.||10|
|How to recover from a rushed base||This section is for players with a rushed base at Town Hall level nine or ten.||9, 10|
|Name||Description of section|
|Clan Wars guide||This is the first complete guide about Clan Wars, the new feature introduced in the April 8th update of Clash of Clans.|
|How to make a successful clan||This is my guide on creating a successful clan.|
|More guides coming soon.|
How to start playing Clash of Clans
Part one: First forty-eight hours
Complete the Villager's Tutorial
The picture on the right is the Tutorial. If you see a female Villager that looks similar to the picture shown, then you are in the tutorial, and should follow her instructions and complete it.
If this is true, then you should know that you have the option to (but should not) use Green Gems () to instantly complete the Builder's construction of buildings or to instantly get resources required to start construction. You can instead just wait for the Builder to complete the building construction on his own for you, or wait for the Gold Mine and Elixir Collector to generate enough Gold () and Elixir resources () and collect them to start the construction process.
What to do next
For the first forty-eight hours, focus on building as many Gold Mines and Elixir Collectors as your current Town Hall can support, and upgrading all of these Resource Buildings to the highest level you can.
- Don't worry about Defensive Buildings (like Walls, Traps, Cannons, Mortars, and other similar things), because they are not needed yet.
- The reason they are not needed yet is the seventy-two hour New Player Shield you have when starting the game. All Shields prevent attacks from other players when you are offline (when you are online, you can't be attacked by players, even without a shield).
- However, Do Not Search For A Match and Attack Other Players Yet, because searching for multiplayer matches (or Raiding) will break all Shields you have on you (yes, you can purchase shields using Gems).
- Fortunately, raiding the Goblins in the Single Player Campaign never breaks your shield. Doing the Campaign is a good idea for Gold and Elixir.
- Also, do not place a second Gold Storage or Elixir Storage yet. Also, don't worry about the Dark Elixir Storage or Dark Elixir Drill yet, because Dark Elixir () is available when you upgrade your Town Hall to level seven, which is not what this tutorial is about.
- Finally, do not spend Gems on anything other than building the five Builder's Huts until you built all five of them (Builder's Huts are the only permanent boost Gems can give you).
Part two: Forty-eight to seventy-two hours
When about less than twenty-four hours are left on the shield, you should switch your focus to the Defensive Buildings.
If you still have time left (you can also do this when placing and upgrading the cannon), I recommend you start building all of your Walls. I recommend reading the listed article below to learn how to design your bases.
Part three: After seventy-two hours
After the seventy-two hour shield runs out, you should be prepared for enemy raids on your village.
- Matthew Cenance's Strategy Guides/Main Guide/Town Hall 4 (Read this after upgrading to Town Hall level four)
- Flammy's Strategy Guides/Total Newbie Guide
If this Strategy Guide contains any inappropriate content, please report it here: Clash of Clans Wiki:Report