- Obstacles are plants and rocks that are randomly placed in your village. You start with about 40 obstacles around your village. You can remove them if you have an available builder and a small amount of Gold or Elixir. Gold is used to remove rocks and Elixir to remove vegetation.
- Each obstacle that is removed will yield 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 Gems.
- Vegetation respawns at a rate of one item per eight hours. Rocks however, do not respawn once removed.
- Since vegetation respawns, and removing one may yield Gems, removing vegetation regularly can be an unlimited (albeit slow) source of Gems. This could be a good idea to farm Gems.
- Your village can have a maximum of 40 obstacles at one time.
- There is an achievement called "Nice and Tidy" which gives players experience and Gems for removing 10/50/500 obstacles.
- Troops can be spawned beside all obstacles, but they cannot be placed on top of them.
When the game respawns an obstacle, the respawn weight represents the chance of that particular item being the one that appears. Also, a new obstacle called the Gem Box was added, but quickly deleted due to a few glitches relating to how many gems it gives.
|Type||Size||Removal Time||Experience Gained||Removal Cost||Respawn Weight|
Rocks, once removed, do not reappear.
|Type||Size||Removal Time||Experience Gained||Removal Cost|
|Stone (small 1)||2x2||20s||4||500|
|Stone (small 2)||2x2||20s||4||500|
|Stone (small 3)||2x2||20s||4||500|
|Stone (small 4)||2x2||20s||4||500|
Tombstones spawn when attacking troops are killed.
|Type||Size||Removal Time||Removal Benefit||Event at which appears|
|Tombstone||1x1||Instant||Gives 20 Elixir||Attacking or defending Elixir troop is killed.|
|Dark Tombstone||1x1||Instant||Gives 1 Dark Elixir||Attacking or defending Dark Elixir troop is killed.|
During the Winter 2012 Update, they added a X-mas Tree that gives 30,000 Gold when cleared, which was then increased to 50,000. On 3rd January 2013, Supercell indicated on the forums that people will get to keep their trees even after the winter theme is gone.
During the Winter 2013 Update, they introduced another X-mas Tree that gives 75,000 Gold when cleared.
Video of X-mas tree (2012) being chopped down and the reward: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YC0GPHflwQ
|Type||Size||Removal Cost||Removal Time||Experience Gained||Removal Reward||Respawn Weight|
|X-mas Tree (2012)||2x2||25,000||30s||5||50,000||2%|
|X-mas Tree (2013)||2x2||25,000||30s||5||75,000||2%|