Welcome to the guide Chief. Clans are an optional feature in Clash of Clans, but are highly recommended. Even better, it's great to create your own clan. This way you are not dictated by other members. But it comes with responsibility.
Starting a New Clan
Anyone can start a new clan, but what clan do you want to start?
Types of Clans
Before starting you should decide what type of clan do you want.
1. WAR CLAN: Competition is key. People always war and are competitive and get high scores.
2. Trophy Push Clan: Pushing to be high ranks.
3. Farming Clan: If there is a war they lose and only attack for loot. They also farm in multiplayer for loot. Don't expect to win wars here. Usually filled with good players who donate a lot.
4. FEEDER CLAN: Lower clan of the main clan. Lower skilled players will usually join and practice before moving up.
5. Donation Clan: People will join request and someone will give troops and kick them out. These clans are usualyl called MAX DONATORS, REQ AND GTFO or GIVE ME TROOPS. These clans have people with high donation counts and some come to get 25K, the amount needed to complete friend in need.
Ask co-leaders how to run a clan. Gain experience. Act like a leader. The more you start acting like a leader, the more successful your leadership will be towards other members.
Names can never change, so choose wisely. Choose a good name that attracts players. Players like to see unique names. Do not:
- Choose offensive names, like Roastin' Jews, this can lead to Supercell changing the name and banning all the members in the clan, regardless who did or did not choose this name
- Choose names that are common, like BEST CLAN, JOIN MY CLAN, WARS HERE, MY CLAN, CLASH OF CLANS, NO NOOBS, PRO CLAN
Those such names turn away clan members, so avoid those names at all costs.
Can always change the icon to best fit, but keep to one badge and don't change too much. You can now customize the designs for a unique badge.
Descriptions are write to let people know about rules or mission of clan. Leader and co can change this anytime.
Positions in clan
There are 4 positions in a clan, member, elder, co-leader and leader. They all have their own functions. It's important to know all of them. Only one leader can exist, while 49 of the rest can exist, if they are solely that position only.
can kick as much as they want, can invite accept or reject requests for the clan, can start clan war searches, can send clan mail, update the description, promote members to elder or co-leader and demote co-leaders and elders
Leader can give leader to someone else, or their other account. If leader leaves, the longest-staying co-leader in the clan will become leader, that is joined and never left within ? days, if no co-leader, then elder and so on.
Promoted by leader or co-leader, can kick as much as they want, can invite accept or reject requests for the clan, can start clan war searches, can send clan mail, update the description, promote members to elder or co-leader and demote elders to member
Co-leader cannot kick out another co-leader. Remember to promote to co with caution, as you don't want your clan to be destroyed when someone kicks everyone out.
There can be multiple co-leaders (at max 49), or none at all. However it is recommended to have around 7 to 8 co-leaders, once your clan grows. The number of co-leaders your clan should have depends on the number of the number of members in your clan; small clans require lower amount of co-leaders.
Like the leader, a co-leader can invite clan-less members and accept or reject requests to join the clan.
Promoted by leader or co-leader, can kick member every 20 minutes, and can invite accept or reject requests for the clan
No power, and first when joining clan
Creating the clan
You need 40k Gold to create clan. Open create clan tab. Then choose clan name and symbol. You can fill the rest later.
Minimum Trophies to Join:
After you fill up this form, you will receive a message saying "You have successfully found a new clan". Obviously, you will be alone for now, but you can always get new members.
A random code will be given to you. Members can type in the clan code into the search bar to find just your clan. That way if too many clans have the same name, use the code.
Get some friends and ask them to help. You can create multiple accounts to recruit on more global chats. Keep the clan anyone can join and at 0 trophies so you can fill the clan up fast.