Hello, welcome to the th5 guide.
Town Hall 5 allows you to have second base layouts for war and farming bases. This is the town hall where the wizard tower and the level 1 Spell Factory is unlocked. In addition, many turns in the game are in this town hall level and onwards.
What to max
In this order
- Build new buildings
- Army Camps (one can be Level 4, but if you want all to be 5, that is ok too!)
- 1 Barracks (for wizards)
- Archer Tower
- Air Defense
- Wizard Tower
- 1 Gold Storage and 1 Elixir Storage, the second set must be Level 8, in order to upgrade the town hall.
- Gold and Elixir Collector
New upgrades for th5 arrive in the level 3 lab.
- Goblins (optional)
- Lightning (at least level 2)
Note, that the lightning does not need to be maxed now because you will not get another upgrade until town hall 8.
Level 3 Giants, Balloons, Wall Breakers, and Wizards are at th6.
With 130 spaces you could have:
- 10 Giants
- 4 Wizards
- 2 Wall Breakers
- 30 Archers
- 10 Barbarians
- 3 maxed hog riders
- 1 Lightning Spell
If you have 135, add 5 archers.
- Deploy an archer to lure the cc out.
- Bring the archer to a side builder hut, most town hall 5+ have builders on the corners.
- Surround cc with archers to kill. If the cc has all archers get them into one bunch, and drop the lightning spell.
- Drop the lightning on the mortar or wizard tower. If the cc only has archers, drop the lightning on the archers.
- Deploy 1 Barbarian for each side builder that is left.
- Deploy the giants, followed by the rest of the barbarians.
- Deploy the Wall Breakers, with Wizards behind.
- Hogs last, prepare for that 3 star.
If used correctly, this comp is very good. You will help your clan a lot. By this town hall, you should have 25-75 war stars.
65 Barbarians 65-70 Archers (depending if 130 or 135, respectively)