| Not available
This spell is not available in the current version.
"Ask Santa for the best present there is: a hail of destruction raining down on your enemies!"
- The Santa's Surprise Spell creates Santa dropping down explosive presents on a certain area. It is a very powerful spell.
- This spell was introduced during the 2012 winter theme update. When you cast the 2012 version spell, Santa comes and drops bombs in the form of presents on the defending village for a total of 1,500 damage.
- It returned for the time period around Christmas 2016, and was the first of three "Clashmas" gifts, the second was the Freeze Trap and the third was the Ice Wizard. It was available from UTC 10:00 23/12/16 through UTC 10:00 6/1/17.
- If the Santa's Surprise is used in multiplayer mode, it will generate up to five gifts on the opponent's village. These gifts spawn in a similar way as the tombstones, but each one is worth 5000 Elixir instead of 20.
- Offensive Strategy
- Santa's Surprise functions in a nearly identical fashion to a weaker Lightning Spell.
- Like the Lightning Spell, Santa's Surprise is most commonly used to eliminate problematic defenses. Two Santa's Surprise spells will take out a Mortar or a Wizard Tower, and three will take out an Air Defense.
- The Lightning Spell is generally preferable over the Santa's Surprise spell, which deals less damage than the Lightning Spell and damages structures much slower.
- This spell prompted Supercell to increase the hit points of the Clan Castle. Players were destroying the Clan Castle with this spell before it could deploy its troops.
- The spell was available around Christmas 2012, but not on Christmas Day itself.
- The 2012 version of Santa's Surprise took 1 day and 1 hour to make. That's 25 hours. Christmas is on December 25th. It used to cost 25,000 Gold, like all spells used to.
- There was a potential cheat to win with Santa's Surprise. You could use 3 (1,500 x 3 = 4,500) Santa's Surprise spells to K.O. the opponent's Town Hall (at the time, a maxed Town Hall level 9 had 4,200 HP). If Gems were no object, it would be possible to gain significant amounts of Trophies quickly with this strategy (though it would take approximately 522 Gems to immediately brew all three spells each time, or US$4.10 per attack if bought in bulk, as a chest of gems used to cost $109.99).
- Watch the Video of Santa's Surprise!
- Many players had speculated that there would be a chance that Santa's Surprise will come again in December 2013. However, it was not made available in the December 2013 update, which instead implemented the Santa Strike trap.
- After the 2012 version became unavailable to create, anyone who had created the spell but had not used it would still have it in their Spell Factory. There have been continuing reports on the forums (as of May 2013) of people being attacked by Santa's Surprise.
- The same holds for the 2016 version.
- If a player has the 2012 version and hasn't used it at all, it will automatically be nerfed to the 2016 version.
- Santa's Surprise can't be donated to level 7 Clan Castles, due to being temporary.
- Santa's Surprise is the only spell that cannot be upgraded in the normal way due to being temporary, as with the three temporary traps and the one temporary troop, the Ice Wizard.
- Since the 19/12/16 update, some temporary contents' stats scale in a unique way. While they're still unable to be upgraded individually, their stats will automatically increase if you upgrade the Town Hall. At Town Hall level n, Santa's Surprise does total damage, with each strike doing damage.
- The spell essentially serves as a much more powerful Lightning Spell with a larger damage radius, but with much less precision.
- The Santa that appears upon using the 2016 version of the spell appears to resemble a Hog Rider. His "reindeer" resemble the Hogs that his brethren ride.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden|
|Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell|
|Temporary Troops||Ice Wizard|
|Temporary Spells||Santa's Surprise|
|Temporary Traps||Pumpkin Bomb • Santa Strike • Freeze Trap|
|Other Temporary Contents||The Waterfall|