Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|2 Hour Guard||1 Day Shield||2 Day Shield||1 Week Shield|
What are Shields?
- Shields are a temporary period of safety from enemy attacks. While under the protection of the shield, other players will not be able to attack your village. At the start of the game, each player begins with a 3-day shield; after that shield expires additional shields are gained in one of two ways:
- 2 hour Village Guard
- The best in offense and defense. Village Guard prevents attacks on your village while letting you attack others all you want. Only available while shield is down.
- 1-7 day shield
- Long lasting defense! Shields prevent attacks on your village, but remaining shield time will go down if you attack. If you buy a shield when you already have a shield (free or bought), their durations are added up.
- If you decide to attack another player in Multiplayer battles, some shield time will be deducted. Nexting does not affect the shield time, however the more attacks you conduct under the same shield will deduct increasing amounts of shield time, conducted attacks will deduct shield time starting from 3 hours then to 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16, 20 and 24 hours, 24 hours is max.
- A similar principle will be applied in "Revenge" attacks; after starting the revenge attack by deploying at least one troop/spell/hero, the shield time will be deducted accordingly, regardless of how many troops, spells or heroes were deployed.
- Attacking in the Single Player Campaign or Clan Wars will not remove your shield.
- Shields are awarded under two criteria: at least 30% destruction must be done (the destruction of the Town Hall is irrelevant) and at least one-third of a "full army" is deployed. ("Full army" is defined as the max space in camps and heroes (heroes count as 25) of the defender's TH level*). If either one of these criteria is not met, a shield will not be granted.
- Depending on the percentage of the village destroyed, the shield time varies.
- At 30% destruction, a 12-hour shield is awarded.
- At 60% destruction, a 14-hour shield is awarded.
- At 90% destruction, a 16-hour shield is awarded.
- You get a free shield courtesy of Supercell, during and after a maintenance break, for a short period of time.
- Note that you do not necessarily have to lose a battle to gain a shield; if your opponent destroys between 30% and 49% of your village without destroying your Town Hall, you will gain a shield as well as a defensive victory.
- When you start playing the game you get a free 3-day shield, which you should use to get started.
- Your 3-day shield is a good time to upgrade your Buildings.
- *1/3 full army rule is best described in the From the desk of the devs post on the SuperCell forums (Read sections "A Revamped and Improved Shield System" and "Fairer Defenses - Better Raids - More Clash"). As an example, a maxed TH7 can hold 200 troops in army camp + 1 hero (25). A TH7 player will not get a shield unless the attacker deploys at least 75 troops (225 * 1/3), even if the defender doesn't have Barbarian King or 4 L6 army camps. A TH9 can have 2 heroes and 220 housing space, so a defending TH9 needs to be attacked with at least 270 * 1/3 = 90 troops to receive a shield.
- If you choose, there is an option to buy shields from the shop for Gems. There are 4 options to choose from. The available options are visually depicted at the top of this page.
- Purchased shields have a cooldown period. This was added to keep people from staying shielded indefinitely by continuously buying shields.
- The 2-hour Village Guard has a 23-hour cooldown.
- The 1-day shield has a 5-day cooldown.
- The 2-day shield has a 10-day cooldown.
- The 1-week shield has a 35-day cooldown.
- If you purchase a shield while you have one currently active, the purchased shield time is added to your current shield time.
- If you purchase all three shields simultaneously, you will be able to re-purchase a second 2-day shield and two additional 1-day shields before the end of your shielded period, as the cooldown period on the shorter shields will have expired. This way, the maximum continuously shielded period available via purchase is 14 days ([day 1] 1+2+7 + [day 6] 1 + [day 11] 1+2). This 14-day shielded period can be purchased every 35 days (the time it takes for the 7-day shield cooldown to reset). Note that if you execute this during a 16-hour shield received from a 90%+ attack or a 12-hour shield received from a 40%+ attack, you can actually increase your total shielded time to a maximum of 14 days, 16 hours, or 14 days, 12 hours, respectively. Also, if you do this during the three-day shield you get when you start the game, you can have a maximum of 17 days on your shield, which, again, can be executed thirty-five days from your purchase of the one-week shield, or eighteen days after the cycle is complete, but it will only last for 14 days (and maybe an additional 12~16 hours).
- Continually buying each shield as soon as its cooldown has expired will result in an average of 21 shielded days every 35-day period (60%), although this will vary from period to period (22 the first, 20 the second, 22 the third, etc.) because the 2-day shield's cooldown will only line up with the 7-day shield's cooldown every other period.
- If two additional shields of any duration are ever added (with standard cooldown times), it will be possible to stay shielded indefinitely.
- You cannot buy 1-week shields above 4700 trophies (i.e. in Titan I through Legend Leagues).
Shield Cooldown Time
- Every purchased shield has a cooldown time; the longer the shield lasts, the longer the cooldown period.
- The cooldown period is calculated by multiplying the number of shield days by 5. For example, the 1-day shield has a 5-day cooldown, the 2-day shield has a 10-day cooldown, and the one-week shield has a 35-day cooldown.
- Flammy: I love free shields(Link to YouTube vid).