Throughout the course of time, Supercell has introduced many updates. Each one fixing bugs, trying to balance raids and/or introducing new items, upgrades or features.
Home Village Upgrade Blitz
- Upgrade Cannon, Archer Tower, and Inferno Tower.
- Level up P.E.K.K.A, Healer, Wizard, Miner, and Wall Breaker
- Discounts and balancing, including the new Town Hall 10 Levels
Builder Base Level Up
- Get Builder Hall level 6 and upgrades for everything
- Bring out the Bats with the new Night Witch!
- Burn foes to a crisp with the new Roaster defense
Big news Clashers!
As we continue to develop Clash of Clans, we will be releasing updates, features, balance changes, and new content for both the Builder Base and the Town Hall. While we are proud of our accomplishments with the Builder Base, rest assured we are not forgetting about the Town Hall – in fact this update is primarily focused on your Town Hall (although there is a much requested feature for the Builder Base listed at the end!). So check out what we have in store for your Town Hall below!
New defensive content
NEW: Cannon level 15 (TH11)
- Cannon levels 10-14 upgrade time or cost has been discounted
NEW: Archer Tower level 15 (TH11)
- Archer Tower levels 9-14 upgrade time or cost has been discounted
NEW: Inferno Tower level 5 (TH11)
- Inferno Tower levels 2-4 upgrade time or cost has been discounted
- Inferno Tower level 4 multi-mode damage has been increased
- Inferno Tower single-mode 1st stage damage has been changed to match multi-mode damage
New offensive content
Conversely, we have also added additional levels along with balance updates to the following Troops to ensure additional offensive power is available as well.
NEW: P.E.K.K.A. level 6 (TH11)
- P.E.K.K.A. upgrade time or costs have been discounted across ALL levels
NEW: Wizard level 8 (TH11)
- Wizard levels 6-7 upgrade time or costs have been discounted
NEW: Healer level 5 (TH11)
NEW: Miner level 5 (TH11)
- Miner upgrade time or costs have been discounted across ALL levels
- Miner level 3 is now available at Town Hall 10 (was at TH11)
- Miner levels 2-5 hitpoints have been increased
NEW: Wall Breaker level 7 (TH11)
- Wall Breaker upgrade time or costs have been discounted across ALL levels
Dragon levels 4-6 hitpoints have been increased
Hog Rider levels 6-7 hitpoints have been increased
With the upcoming Builder Hall 6 Invitational Tournament on the horizon, we wanted to share with you the new features being released in this next content update. In this upcoming release, we are adding two incredible new units to the Builder Base while also increasing the level cap for units already available.
Here are the features you can expect to see in the Builder Hall 6 release, including the two new units.
- +1 Archer Tower
- +1 Crusher
- +1 Mine
- +1 Mega Mine
- +4 Wall sections
Yes you read that right...a second Crusher, the Bane of Barbarians, Affliction of Archers (who get too close), and Jammer of Giants (ok I know that's rough alliteration). Furthermore, in correspondence to the Builder Hall's increased level, all defenses, traps, and walls can now be upgraded to Level 6. The only exception to this is the Spring Trap, which can be upgraded to Level 4.
- Levels 11-12 for all Troops after upgrading the Star Laboratory to Level 6
- Levels 6-10 for the Battle Machine
Resource Collectors, Storages, Gem Mine, and Clock Tower can be upgraded to Level 6 A single Archer Tower in your Town Hall can now be Geared Up, similarly to the Cannon. Requires Builder Base Archer Tower Level 6 and Home Village Archer Tower Level 10. Players who have created accounts in India will now be placed in a Global Chat channel specifically created for their region. We want to ensure players are able to communicate with each other, find like-minded Clashers, and create communities of their own and we feel this is a step in a direction to help facilitate this.
- Clock Tower cooldown reduced from 8 hours to 7 hours
- Clock Tower duration reduced by 50% to 2.5 minutes
- Clock Tower speed multiplier reduced from 10x to 8x
After careful consideration we felt the Clock Tower provides too much free upgrade time. We are changing the Clock Tower cooldown from 8 hours to 7 hours and reducing the duration by 50%. We felt the Clock Tower provided progress too rapidly and that it required rebalancing to bring it in line with relative upgrade times. Reducing its cooldown will allow it to be boosted 3 times per day rather than 2.
NEW: The Night Witch The Witch's nocturnal sibling, the Night Witch is available once you upgrade your Builder Barracks to Level 8. Though there are some similarities between the Wtich and the Night Witch, there are a few differences that make her stand out as well. Check out these abilities:
- The Night Witch does ranged attacks that hit both ground and air units
- Spawns bats that attack ground and air units
- Will spawn into a swarm of bats after receiving fatal damage
The Night Witch is a great way to take out those pesky Crushers, which is why we're introducing the Woe of the Night Witch: The Roaster.
NEW: The Roaster We couldn't add a cool offensive unit without coming up with a way to defend against it. The Roaster is a great solution against the Night Witch. It is a flame-spitting defensive building that will bathe your foes in scalding plasma with the following details:
- Range of 7 tiles
- Burst fires 15 shots
- At Level 6 it does 16 damage per shot
- Hits ground and air units
- Does Area Splash type damage
Version 9.24.1 - 22nd May 2017
Set Sail for a New World
Welcome to the Builder Base, Chief! This exciting new land is run by the Master Builder. He’s your only Builder on this side of the sea, but his superior smarts have helped him develop some awesome new advancements. Once you make it to Town Hall 4 at your home village, you can rebuild the boat and set sail for the other side.
Things work a little differently in this realm. For starters, the Builder Base is powered by different resources. The elixir and gold you collect over here can’t be used in your home village, but Gems will cross over. And a brand new world means brand new achievements. Complete them all!
Thanks to the Master Builder’s talented touch, you’ll see interesting twists on familiar buildings, such as:
- The Archer Tower's switch toggles between fast attack or long range.
- The Multi Mortar's multi-barreled attack is tough for troops to dodge
He’s also dreamed up some exciting new buildings! These brand new additions include:
- Crusher: A powerful new defense that does exactly what it sounds like— crush enemies!
- Push Trap: Scatter attacking armies by tossing troops in a direction of your choosing.
- Gem Mine: Collect gems over time! Upgrade it to increase its output.
- Clock Tower: Boost the speed of everything in the Builder Base, from build time to resource mining!
The crystallized elixir found on this side has given familiar faces a new look with new tricks that they can use in combat! Upgraded troops gain powerful special abilities, such as:
- Sneaky Archer: "Cloak" makes her invisible to enemy defenses for a short period of time.
- Boxer Giant: "Power Punch" makes his first attack do huge damage!
The Master Builder has harnessed the power of this new resource to train up new troops. For example:
- Bomber: Tosses big bombs that can blow up several buildings at once.
- Cannon Cart: A four-wheeling fortification brought to the front line.
Some heroes are born, others are built. Once unlocked at Builder Hall 5, the Master Builder will join the fight in his Battle Machine! Upgrade this mechanical monster to level 5 to unlock its “Electric Hammer” ability.
New Battle Mode: Versus Mode
Introducing a brand new way to fight: Versus Battle! This new battle style lets you take on opponents in a head-to-head attacking competition! Similar to Clan Wars, both competitors attack one another and the best attack wins the prize. Resources won’t be lost on defense.
Win three Versus Battles per day to get the biggest loot payout, then continue battling for new Versus Trophies. Follow the competition on the new leaderboard!
New Game Mechanics
The Builder Base’s setup has ease of management top of mind. Over here troops train automatically, Walls come in segments and you cannot be attacked while away. Troops are trained in groups and each Army Camp holds one group at a time. Upgrade troops to fit more units per camp and build more camps to diversify your ranks. With no Master Wizards around spells haven't made it to these shores, so take advantage of your troops' special abilities instead!
Where Old Meets New
Leverage the Master Builder’s expertise to enhance your home village. Once your Cannon is at a high enough level, you’ll see a “Gear Up” option when you tap on it. Gearing Up this defense will give it the same awesome abilities as its Builder Base counterpart: the Double Cannon! “Gear Up” is only available when the Master Builder isn’t busy in the Builder Base. It’s a long trip, so make sure he’s free. Keep an eye out for more Gear Up options in the future, too!
[Taken from the Supercell forum.]
22nd May 2017 "May 2017 Balancing Update"
- NEW: Level 5 Clone Spell
- Cloning capacity of existing levels increased
- Clone Spell level 3 available at Town Hall 10
- Upgrade costs and times decreased at all levels
- NEW: Level 6 Freeze Spell (level 1-5 upgrade costs and times decreased)
- NEW: Level 7 Healing Spell (level 4-6 upgrade costs and times decreased)
- 7th Gold Mine and Elixir Collector available at Town Hall 9
- Bomb damage increased
- Balloon attack rate increased (DPS unchanged)
Version 8.709.11/8.709.16 - 16th January 2017
- Minor bug fixes
8th March 2017 "March 2017 Balancing Update"
- NEW: Level 9 Air Defense (level 4-8 upgrade costs and times decreased)
- Wall level 12 limit increased to 75
- Hog Rider level 5-7 hitpoints increased
- Miner hitpoints increased
- Dragon level 4-6 damage increased
- P.E.K.K.A level 3-5 damage increased
- Witch spawning rate increased
Version 8.709.2 - 19th December 2016 "Clashmas and Events"
New Content & Balancing:
New upgrade levels:
- Barbarian King levels 41-45 (levels 31-40 upgrade costs decreased)
- Archer Queen levels 41-45 (levels 26-40 upgrade costs decreased)
- Clan Castle level 7 (levels 5-6 upgrade costs and/or times decreased)
- Golem level 6 (levels 2-5 research times decreased)
- Hog Rider level 7 (level 2-6 research times decreased)
- Poison Spell level 5
- Wizard Tower level 10 (level 9 moved to TH 10; levels 3-9 upgrade costs and/or times decreased)
- Walls level 12 (max 50 pieces; levels 10-11 costs decreased)
- Poison Spell radius slightly increased
- Witch damage and hitpoints increased
- Balloon attacks after reaching their target slightly sooner
- Dragon and P.E.K.K.A's attack speeds increased (DPS are unchanged)
- New 15m and 30m options for Friendly War challenges
- Clan Mail cooldown reduced from 12h to 1h
- Better organized Builder Suggestions
- Troops and Spells Events: Train certain troops and brew certain spells at a 90% discount for a limited time! Win at least three multiplayer battles in each Troop Event to claim Experience and Gems!
- Star Bonus Events: Increased Star Bonuses for a limited time!
- 1-Gem Collectors and Army boosts for a limited time!
- Clashmas Gifts:
Version 8.551.18 - 25th October 2016 "Halloween is Coming"
Boosted Brews & Bones! It's that spooky time of year! For a limited time:
- Boost Spell brewing for 1 Gem
- Cheaper & faster training for Skeleton Spells, Witches, Balloons & Wall Breakers
Version 8.551.2 - 12th October 2016 "Friendly Wars"
New Content & Balancing:
- Introducing the Bomb Tower at Town Hall 8!
- New troop levels: Dragon, Baby Dragon, Wizard
- New defense Levels: X-Bow, Mortar, Hidden Tesla
- 25 more wall pieces to Town Hall 11
- Lots of upgrade costs and times reduced
- Rebalancing, including Witch and Skeleton Spell buffs
- Clan Wars loot and Clan XP rules revisited
- Continued balancing changes to Clan Wars matchmaking
Army Training Revamp & Quick Train:
- We've rethought army training into a streamlined experience that lets you train two full armies with two simple taps!
- Challenge other Clans to friendly Clan War face-offs. Friendly wars can be as short as one hour and as small as 5v5
Clash Friends & Friendly Challenge Updates:
- Clash Friends: Add friends in Clash via player profiles
- Search Players by player tag (check the player profile menu)
- Moving decorations no longer puts a layout on Friendly Challenge cooldown
- Heroes now defend in Friendly Challenge attacks even when under upgrade
Version 8.332.9 - 24th May 2016 "Friendly Challenge"
- New Troop: Miner at Town Hall 10
- New Troop: Baby Dragon at Town Hall 9
- New Spell: Clone Spell at Town Hall 10
- New Dark Spell: Skeleton Spell at Town Hall 9
Balancing and Update News:
- Much of the balancing this update is coming in the form of new levels and smaller tweaks.
Town Hall 11
In Town Hall 11, air armies have dwindled in popularity. These new levels should help revitalize high-level air armies while helping to defend against the ground rush.
Town Hall 10+
- Bowler housing space reduced to 6
Bowlers just didn't seem to be providing enough value for an 8 housing space unit, and the bulky size made him a tough fit in a well-rounded army.
Town Hall 7+
- Spring Trap level 2-5
New Spring Trap levels with minor capacity increases will help catch additional units from time to time. They might even catch an extra Valkyrie!
- Edit Mode tools: A bunch of features added to make editing layouts easier
- Donate fully trained Troops/Spells from production queues even if your army is full
- Drag troops/spells anywhere into a training queue - training progress is transferred
- Gem Troops/Spells for donation directly from the donation context menu
- War Logs for any Clan can now be publicly viewed, unless disabled in Clan settings
- Builder Suggestions: Tap Builder Info to see and select suggested upgrades to perform
- Live spectator count is now shown during attack - see how many others are watching!
- Chat stream revamped with built-in Request button
Version 8.212.1 - 21st March "The Bowler"
- New unit Bowler at Town Hall 10
- Inferno Tower level 4 at Town Hall 11
- Mortar level 9 at Town Hall 11
- Hog Rider level 6 at Town Hall 10
- Valkyrie level 5 at Town Hall 10
- Goblin level 7 at Town Hall 10
Town Hall 11
- Grand Warden Life Aura and Eternal Tome range reduced slightly
Town Hall 10+
- Inferno Tower Multi-mode acquires new targets faster
- Town Hall 10 and 11 players are less likely to find each other in Multiplayer
Town Hall 9+
- All Skeleton hitpoints reduced
- Skeletons spawned from Witches no longer trigger traps
- Goblin level 6 has been moved to Town Hall 9 (was TH10)
- X-Bow levels 2-4 damage increased
Town Hall 8+
- Valkyrie damage increased, hitpoints decreased
- Valkyrie starts attacking much faster after reaching her target - give her a try!
- Wizard Tower levels 5-9 hitpoints increased, greatly increased at later levels
- Defending Troops (but not Heroes) flee from Poison Spells if they are standing idle
- All Dark Spells brewing time decreased to 10 minutes
Town Hall 5+
- All Elixir Spells brewing time decreased to 20 minutes
- Battle time limit reduced to be 3 minutes per attack once again
- Revenge attacks award Star Bonus and League Bonus rewards
- New building constructions can no longer be cancelled (upgrades can still be cancelled)
- Clan Wars matchmaking has been overhauled - details in the dev blog http://supr.cl/WarMatchUpdate
- War sizes 35v35 and 45v45 have been removed to boost other war sizes
- New stat "War win streak" in Clan profile shows how many consecutive Clan War wins a Clan currently has
- War Events menu has been redesigned to be much more readable
- Number of remaining war attacks can be seen from the Clan War button when outside of the war map
- All replays can be viewed directly from My Team/Enemy Team summaries in War Details
- "Star button" has been replaced with a bigger "War Details" button on the bottom-right of the war map
- Builder Summary: Tap the Builder icon to see all in-progress construction
- Tap an entry in the builder summary to select it in the Village
- When attacking, army selection bar shows left/right scroll arrows if an undeployed unit or spell is hidden off-screen
- Tapping the Loot Cart shows how many resources are inside before collecting
- Resource storages have more visual states to indicate more clearly how full or empty they are
- Exploding traps indicate their area of effect more clearly in battle
- Battles now end automatically if only a Poison Spell is remaining, and no longer end automatically if only an Earthquake Spell is remaining
- More replays are stored in the Defense Log and Attack Log, and are available for longer
- Army Overview shows time until training/brewing is complete, also accounting for active boosts
- Player Profiles unlocked units area reorganized
Version 8.116.2 - 26th January "Treasury, Loot Cart & Star Bonus"
- Clan Castles now house a well-protected resource bank: the Treasury
- The Treasury safeguards bonus loot from Clan Wars and Star Bonuses
- It's the safest place to save up bonus loot until you are ready to spend it!
- The previous concept of "War Loot Storage" has been removed from the Clan Castle info screen, etc.
- Treasury capacity is determined by Town Hall and Clan Perks levels. Clan Castle level has no effect
- Clan Perks for "War loot extra storage" have been changed to "Treasury extra storage” (Clan Perk values are unchanged, Treasury storage is similar to War Loot storage at most Town Hall levels)
- Clan Castle visuals have been updated with the removal of the small storages on the roof
Daily Star Bonus
- Win 5 stars from multiplayer battles to earn bonus loot
- Earn bigger bonuses at higher Leagues!
- A new Star Bonus is available every day!
- Star Bonus rewards are safeguarded in the Treasury
- The maximum Star Bonus reward is available starting at Titan 3 League (Was Champion 3)
- A broken down Loot Cart appears in your Village after every defense
- Collect this cart to recover some of your lost resources
- Only one Loot Cart will appear at a time, so collect it right away!
- The Loot Cart appears randomly in the area village after any defense and it contains 20% of the lost resources
- If a Loot Cart is already spawned, its Gold, Elixir and/or Dark Elixir values will update if a subsequent defense would be worth more of that resource
- A Loot Cart cannot be collected if your storages are full
- The Eagle Artillery now deals 3x damage to Golems and Golemites
- Second Air Defense unlocks now at Town Hall 6, third at Town Hall 7
- Cases where Skeletons would get stuck in layers of walls especially when chasing Hog Riders are now fixed;
- Instances where multiple Dark Spells could be donated to Clan Castle are now fixed. Only one Spell can be donated.
- In some rares cases, players would start an upgrade and then go idle for a longer period of time, and upon returning to the game that same upgrade would wrongly show 20+ days left; this issue has now been addressed.
Version 8.67.7 - 18th December 2015 "Christmas Time"
- New Winter theme!
- Bug-fixes for the new Shield system and some game crashed
- New info screen when tapping the Shield icon shows exact Personal Break timer status
- Fixed and cleaned up various UI issues
Version 8.67.3 - 10th December 2015 - "Town Hall 11"
One of the Biggest Clash Updates - Ever!
- Town Hall 11 is bursting onto the scene! BOOM!
- Grand Warden & Eagle Artillery: The most powerful and strategic additions ever!
- New troop levels, defense levels, and Clan Spell donation
- Attack through Shield at any time, but be sure to protect your Town Hall!
- Guard your play sessions when Shield is down and never get attacked off-guard again
- Goblins chasing Town Halls, bigger League Bonuses and Trophy offers, and so much more!
Turn It Up to TH11!
- Experience the biggest, baddest, most challenging Town Hall level ever: Town Hall 11!
- New Town Hall 11 hero Grand Warden can make armies nearly unstoppable!
- New Town Hall 11 defense Eagle Artillery delivers awe-inspiring devastation from afar
- More defenses, including an extra Cannon, Archer Tower, Wizard Tower and X-Bow!
- New Town Hall 11 levels for Minion, Witch, Wizard Tower and more!
Grand Warden: Your Army’s Newest Hero
- Harness powerful new battlefield tactics by boosting and protecting your troops
- The Grand Warden toughens all nearby troops and can make them temporarily invincible!
- He jumps, he flies - fit the Grand Warden into any strategy and make your army shine
Eagle Artillery: The Sleeping Sentinel
- This massive, long-range weapon obliterates poorly prepared attacking armies
- Volleys of explosive shells clobber tough troops and wear down others near the blasts
- Eagle Artillery only activates after many troops have been deployed, leaving the door open for tactical strikes and cunning multi-phase attacks!
Do the Spell Shuffle
- Request reinforcement spells, not just troops, starting from Clan Castle level 4
- Donated spells receive all existing Clan Perks benefits
- Freeze Spell is now unlocked at Town Hall 9 and has slightly longer duration on lower levels
Shields - Flexible and Fair Defense
- Town Hall destruction no longer grants a Shield - bring your Town Hall inside!
- You can attack while shielded at any time for just a small Shield reduction
- Get Shield at 30% destruction, more at 60%, but only when a sizable army attacks
Guard - Play Safe From Attackers
- Guard protects you from attacks and lets you attack others all you want
- Get free Guard when Shields expire and play freely without worry of being attacked
- Higher Leagues grant more free Guard - Titan I & Legend players get 100% coverage!
- 2 hours of extra Guard is available in the Shop every day
Richer Raiding: Loot and Trophies
- Town Halls now hold lots of available loot - destroy them in battle for a big payout!
- League Bonuses are bigger than ever, but scale with your destruction percentage
- Trophy offers get bigger and Trophy losses lower the higher your League!
- Battle time limit has been increased by 30 seconds
- Goblins now target the Town Hall and Clan Castle for 2x damage
- Rearm costs for all traps have been massively reduced
- Reload costs for X-Bows have been massively reduced
- Large amounts of Healers now have reduced effectiveness on the same unit
- Army boosts have been reduced to 5 gems for 1 hour of boost
- Cost for finding a match and ‘Nexting’ reduced for TH10
- Clan War Preparation Day has been reduced to 23 hours
- Troop combat and pathfinding AI has been polished up and tightened
- Available loot percentage on Town Hall levels 6-10 has been slightly increased
- Villages one Town Hall level lower are now worth slightly less loot
- The playing field and troop deployment area have both been expanded (outlying obstacles have been automatically moved)
Other Balancing and Improvements
- Two new achievements have been added: Anti-Artillery and Sharing is Caring
- Troop/Spell donation interface has been revamped and now shows existing donations
- Troops in Barracks can now be queued in sequence, similarly to the Spell Factory
- The Clan War button now animates when a war attack starts
- Active Shield or Guard can now be manually dismissed by tapping on the icon
- You can now be offline a bit longer before being made vulnerable to attack
- A special sound plays when finding a multiplayer target after 10 seconds of searching
- A special sound plays when no multiplayer targets are found and a search is cancelled
- Personal Break online-time limit has been reduced to 3 hours
- Personal Break limit is now extended instead of reset in some cases
- Multiplayer matchmaking is less likely to offer opponents under your Town Hall level (only below Champion League)
Version 7.200 - 22nd October 2015 "Halloween Is Coming"A Frightful Night Returns To Clash
It's that time of the year again! So here's a spooky Halloween update with a couple of limited-time treats:
- Harvest some bonus Elixir from special Halloween Cauldron obstacles
- 1-gem Spell Factory boost special is back! Running through Halloween weekend!
Version 7.200.7 - 9th September 2015 "Spell revamp & War tiebreaker"
Spell Superiority and a Clan War Tiebreaker!
- Improved Lightning, Poison, Earthquake and Freeze spells!
- Lightning Spell level 7 and 25 new Wall pieces have been added to Town Hall level 10
- Total Destruction is now a Clan Wars tiebreaker – if the score is even at the end of the war, the Clan with more destruction percentage in their best attacks will be the victor!
- Attack and Defense tabs have be added to Clan tabs in the War Stats to quickly see all best attacks in the war for either clan
- The appearance of Wall level 11 has been revamped and looks TOTALLY EPIC
Recharged Lightning Spell
- Lightning Spell level 7 ravages buildings and troops alike
- Increased damage for Lightning Spell levels 5 and 6
- Lightning Spell bolts now strike closer together to miss less often
- Lightning Spell level 6 is now available at Town Hall 9
Reworked Poison Spell
- Troops in Poison Spells now take less damage at first, but much more over time
- Poison Spell damage now increases to huge amounts and lingers after leaving the spell
- Poison Spells now also reduce the attack rate of defending Troops
Reworked Earthquake Spell
- Earthquake Spells deal much more damage, regardless of a building's current hitpoints
- Repeated Earthquake Spells now deal diminishing damage to the same buildings
- Four Earthquake Spells will still always destroy any level of Wall!
- There are no longer any special "building execution rules" for Earthquake spells - a building just needs to be reduced to 0 HP
- Example: If an Earthquake Spell has 25% damage, the first Earthquake spell cast on a building will ALWAYS deal 25% of maximum HP damage, thus destroying any building with under 25% HP remaining. Repeated Earthquake Spells on the same building deal less damage: 25/3 %, 25/5 %. 25/7 %, etc. This diminishing damage means that it is still impossible to destroy buildings only using Earthquake Spells.
- Freeze Spells now also affect defending air troops
- Lava Hounds can no longer target air troops
- Attacking troops will now engage defending troops from further away
- Titan III and Titan II Leagues can now buy 1 week shields from the Shop
- The Army Overview button is now also visible from the Clan War map
Version 7.156 - 1st July 2015 "Dark Spell Factory"
The Rise of Master Spellcasters and Legends
- The Dark Spell Factory is here with three new spells!
- Dragon level 5 sets its golden gaze on Town Hall 10
- A second Air Sweeper will help clear the skies, starting at Town Hall 9
- New Leagues are here, including the Legend League Tournament and Legend Trophies!
The Dark Spell Factory
- Harness Dark Elixir to make spells with advanced tactics, starting at Town Hall 8
- Poison Spell: Make a toxic cloud that slows and drains the health of defending troops
- Earthquake Spell: Rattles away the hitpoints from buildings and Walls
- Haste Spell: The fastest speed boost ever, at half the storage space of a Rage Spell
- These Dark Spells take half the space of regular spells. Mix, match and experiment!
New Leagues and the Legend League Tournament
- Introducing Titan League and the ultra-prestigious Legend League at 5000 Trophies!
- Legend League Tournaments are a new challenge for top players, ending once a month
- Tournament Legends get their final standings featured in the Top Players tab and profile
- Each tournament resets Legends to 5000 Trophies and converts extras into permanent Legend Trophies!
- Training times in the Spell Factory have been reduced
- Extra Spells can now be queued in Spell Factories, even if your Spell Storage is full
- All resource storages are now immune to all direct spell damage
- Clan Tournaments are one month long and award more gems to more players per Clan
- Barbarian, Archer, Dragon and P.E.K.K.A training cost adjusted for some levels
- Several building hitpoint values have been increased
- Inferno Tower's Single firing mode now charges to full power slightly faster
- Dragon level 4 has been moved to Town Hall 9
- Archer Towers arrows travel faster so they "miss" less of their shots at range
- Troops and Heroes are less likely to target walls unnecessarily (even the Archer Queen)
- Troops and Heroes will not continue bashing through walls to get to a destroyed target
- Wall Breakers now avoid retargeting towards unnecessary walls when deployed in groups
- Fixed rare cases where defending Heroes or defenses might get stuck and not attack
- Train your army with a new Training button just above Attack - no more Barracks-hunting
- Army Overview lets you view, request troops and edit your army, including spells!
- Quick-tabs have been added to training views to make cycling between buildings easier
- Troop selection when attacking has been cleaned up with new visuals and sounds
- You can now filter offensive Clan Chat by enabling the Clan Chat Filter in the Settings
- Arabic and Traditional Chinese languages are now supported!
Version 7.65 - 30th April 2015 "Air Sweeper"
New anti-air defense: The Air Sweeper
- Push back groups of flying enemies with strong blasts of air!
- Air Sweepers deal no damage, but are great at slowing the progress of air attacks
- Air Sweepers can only face one way, but can be rotated to a direction of your choosing
- Unlocked at Town Hall 6, Air Sweepers gain more pushing strength when upgraded
- Bookmark any Clan for later viewing using the '+' icon on any Clan profile page
- You can bookmark up to 30 Clans and view them under a new tab next to your profile
Clan War attack army preview
- Never attack unprepared again! Your army is now previewed before every war attack
- Inspect your troops, Clan troops, spells and heroes - anything missing will be flagged red
- Be ready or be sorry! You can no longer end war attacks early without surrendering
- Starting at Town Hall 5, a one-time name change will become available in the game settings - use it wisely!
- Clan chat now shows when Clan settings are changed, indicating who changed them
- Defense ranges can now be seen even when the defense is under construction
- Defense modes can now be changed even when the defense is under construction
- Defensive buildings now initially point away from the TH in combat, EXCEPT for the Air Sweeper, which always points in its configured direction
- Attacking troops will not start chasing defending troops as far away as they used to
- Fixed a very rare case where a defense might target a troop at the edge of its range, but not fire
- Loot values for many lower level single player maps have been improved, along with some slight layout tweaks and surprises
- You are now more likely to find targets at or near your Town Hall level in multiplayer matchmaking
- Strength calculations have been updated in Clan Wars matchmaking to compensate for high level walls and heroes, skeleton traps, etc.
- (Already released in the 2x Clan XP event) Clan Wars matchmaking now prefers to wait a bit longer and try to find a bit better match
Version 7.1.1 - 24th February 2015 "Clans Are Leveling Up!"
Clans Are Leveling Up!
- Level up your clan and earn perks, prestige and fancy badges!
- Cannon level 13 packs a punch and takes a lot of damage!
- Clan Wars Opt-in/Opt-out gives you Clan full control of war!
- Customize your Clan badge with the badge editor!
Power-up your Clan with Clan Perks
- Request troops more often and donate more troops at a time
- get refunds and automatic upgrades on donated troops
- Increase your Clan War loot bonus and store more in your Clan Castle
Version 6.407 - 11th December 2014 "Winter is here!"
Bundle up, Clashers! The Winter Update is finally here
Introducing the Layout Editor
- Save multiple layouts for both your home Village and your War Base!
- Switch between layouts easily at any time
- Make copies of existing layouts or build new layouts from scratch
- Edit inactive layouts at any time - you can even take a break and finish later!
- Level 12 Gold Mines and Elixir Collectors at Town Hall 8!
- Level 7 Giants are stomping into Town Hall 10
- Compare your clan to others in clan local leaderboards!
- Under attack? You can now watch a live replay while waiting to load your Village!
- Hero ability icons now show remaining hitpoints and will start flashing when low - use their ability to recover some HP!
- Resume boost button now shows how much time is remaining for the boost
- Improved level display for troops/heroes/spells
- Pending join requests are now limited to 10 per clan to prevent spamming (additional join requests cannot be sent)
- Upgrading Walls with Elixir is now available only when upgrading to Wall level 9 and higher
- The first Dark Elixir Drill is now available at Town Hall 7
- The second Dark Elixir Drill is now available at Town Hall 8
- Dark Elixir Drill maximum capacity has been increased on all levels
- Archer Towers now shoot twice as fast to better take down weak hordes (total damage remains unchanged)
- Inferno Towers now shoot for a longer time before getting depleted (loading cost remains the same)
- Army camps have heavily decreased hitpoints - no more stubborn campfires!
- Cannons, Barracks, Laboratory, Spell Factory and Dark Elixir Drills have higher HP on almost all levels
- Hitpoint values have been adjusted slightly for many other buildings
- Lava Pup HP has been slightly decreased
Version 6.322 - 22nd October 2014 "Halloween"
A spooky update has descended upon Clash! What tricks and treats lie in store?
New permanent trap: The Skeleton Trap!
- Ambush and distract your enemies with a small group of Skeleton troops! They might be short-lived, but will certainly get some attention.
- Skeleton Traps can be set to target either ground troops or air troops. Find the right mix of trap modes for your village!
- Skeleton Traps become available at Town Hall 8 and can be upgraded to deploy more skeletons at once.
Limited-time treats lasting through Halloween weekend
- 1-gem Spell Factory boost special is back!
- Harvest some bonus Elixir from special Halloween Headstone obstacles
Clan profile and search improvements
- Specify your Clan’s war frequency in your Clan profile, anything from always to never
- Specify your Clan’s location, or declare it as International
- Search other Clans by war frequency, location, member count and minimum clan points, even without specifying a search name
- Know what Clan you’re searching for
- Search via hashtag to get the exact result you need.
- Clan descriptions can now be much longer!
Increased League bonus and more War loot
- League bonuses increased on all League levels!
- More War loot! Increased rewards from victory, defeat and draw
- Boost all buildings of the same type with one button
- Barracks, Spell Factory and Hero boosts will now be automatically paused during maintenance and can be resumed later for free
- Slightly reduced boost cost for Elixir Pump level 11, Gold Mine level 11 and Dark Elixir Drill levels 5 & 6
Other Interface Improvements
- New Mortar at Town Hall 8
- Player profile now shows the highest unlocked level of a player’s troops, heroes and spells!
- The Hero icons will now show Hero ability status also in replays
- Army camp contents are now visible to visitors in the Army Camp info screen
- Time to remove obstacles is now lower
- Increased War loot storage capacity on all Clan Castle levels
Version 6.253.4 - 16th September 2014 "Lava Hound"
At last, update day is here!!! Read all that's new below:
Brand New Dark Elixir Unit: Lava Hound!
- This faithful flying unit cannot resist chasing after fireworks, and will go straight after the nearest Air Defense
- The Lava Hound's massive hitpoints makes all the incoming damage seem like mere playtime
- Though the unit deals very low damage, it will erupt upon death into many tiny Lava Pups that attack any nearby buildings
- Available at Dark Elixir barracks level 6, Town Hall level 9
Wall Upgrading Improvements
- Walls level 6+ can now be upgraded with Elixir instead of Gold - your choice!
- Select a row of walls to upgrade all pieces with one button press (so long as the cost is not over the maximum possible storage amount)
- Pause button added to replays (except live replays in Clan Wars)
- Replays and live replays now show the attacker's available troops so you can see exactly what does and doesn't get deployed, and when
- Live replay screen now shows the time remaining in battle so you can watch the timer tick down just like the attacker
- Hero regeneration time has been greatly reduced on all levels
- Valkyrie training time has been greatly reduced
- Healers have been trained to avoid distraction: now they will always try to stick with and protect the same group of friendly troops
- Defending Clan Castle troops now use all 4 Castle doors when coming out (overall speed of deploying is still the same as before)
- Troops can be dismissed from Army Camps and Clan Castle
- Removed spell production cancellation penalty
- Spells are now produced in the same order as they are selected
Looking forward to finding out what you guys think!
Version 6.186.1 - 3rd July 2014 "Hero Changes"
Finally! An update packed with battle improvements, balancing and content is here! Prepare for the comeback of melee-attacking masters, and intense hero-on-hero battles inside of enemy villages!
Bored Builders? Lazy Laboratory?
- P.E.K.K.A level 5 is here to prove its battle prowess: http://supr.cl/PEKKAlvl5
- Jump Spell level 3 is here to empower future Jump experts.
- Hidden Tesla level 8 will shock your enemies.
- Bomb level 6 packs a bit more punch into those pint-sized explosives.
Epic Battle Rebalancing - Show Your Skills and Triumph!
- Heroes version 2.0 are here with readjusted strengths, smarter defending, and stronger abilities! Read below for more info.
- The Jump Spell has been overhauled and is now amazingly effective! Read below for more info.
- Valkyries are now moving like no troop ever has before. Read below for more info.
- Inferno Tower multi-mode is now slower at burning through big hordes of attacking troops.
- Troops now work together to break through walls, targeting similar wall pieces instead of lots of different ones.
- Hog Riders now take increased damage from Giant Bombs.
- Training cost of P.E.K.K.A has been reduced.
- Hidden Tesla build times have been reduced.
- Can't stand the suspense of ongoing Clan War attacks? Tap them to watch a live replay of the battle as it happens!
- Re-arm your traps and reload all of your defenses easily by tapping your Town Hall.
- Clan mail messages can now be twice as long.
- You can now copy your current village layout to your Clan War base with one button.
- Interrupted War Base edits in progress are now properly recovered.
- The settings menu has been redesigned with dedicated News and More sections, separate from your Inbox.
Heroes: The New Battle Specialists
The time has come for a smarter, more strategic brand of heroes. Rather than being foolish, hulking brutes, the King and Queen are now much smarter on defense, have distinct strengths and weaknesses, and their abilities are more important than ever. Check Chief Pat's official interview with Jonas from the development team: http://supr.cl/herochanges
- The heroes have gotten sick and tired of being lured out and squashed in the edges of the map. Now, they only attack targets in a limited territory around their platform and will retreat if they get drawn away too far.
- Both heroes now get a damage increase and recover health when activating an ability. Use the damage boost to get an edge over defending heroes, or the healing to save them from the clutches of defeat!
- Hero abilities now improve much more significantly with each new ability level and summon more supporting troops than before. The best way to make your hero stronger when attacking is to increase their ability level!
- Hitpoints and damage for the Queen and hitpoints for the King have been slightly increased at lower levels. However, hero hitpoints and damage have been decreased at higher levels in order to balance heroes on defense and allow for stronger abilities.
- The effect of Rage Spells on Heroes has been reduced to put more emphasis on the skillful use of hero abilities. For the Queen and later levels of the King, bonus damage from hero abilities will far exceed bonus damage from Rage Spells. As before, Rage Spell bonus damage and hero ability bonus damage will not stack (the greater of the two takes precedent).
- Heroes now specialize in a certain role:
Barbarian King: The Tank Specialist
- His damage has been reduced, but he now can heal himself greatly when using his Iron Fist ability.
- The Barbarian horde summoned by Iron Fist has doubled in size to cause even more mayhem!
- Use Iron Fist at the right time to help the King take more damage than he ever could before!
Archer Queen: The Damage Specialist
- Her hitpoints have been reduced in later levels, but the Queen now gains a tremendous damage boost while her Royal Cloak ability is active.
- The duration of Royal Cloak has been greatly increased in lower levels to help make sure the Queen has enough time to land her most powerful of shots.
- Use Royal Cloak at the right time to help the Queen hit important targets harder than she ever could before!
Jump Spell: Control the Battle Flow
The Jump Spell used to only affect troops it landed on, often leading to disappointing results. Now, the Jump Spell influences all troops in the battle. Masters of the Jump Spell will be able to direct their melee troops like never before!
- All troops you deploy can take advantage a Jump Spell, even if the troops are not directly hit by the spell.
- Casting a Jump Spell will now cause troops to redirect themselves immediately if it opens up a more advantageous route close by.
- The Jump Spell area has been slightly reduced to allow for more precise control of the spell.
- Valkyries now charge around and position between pairs of buildings to find the best spots to attack.
See her in action: http://supr.cl/ValkyrieSneakPeek
Version 6.108.2 - 16th May 2014 "SAVED WAR BASE"
War Base layout and War Base Edit Mode!
- Been wanting to keep a separate layout for your War Base? Now you can!
- Your War Base layout now has a life of its own and will persist from war to war without the need to touch your regular village.
- War Base Edit Mode is available on the Clan War map during preparation day only. Layouts are still locked during battle day.
- Upgrades in your village are still automatically applied to your War Base, but remember to place any new buildings into your War Base layout!
- Even if you're upgrading your Inferno Tower or X-Bow in your village, you can toggle between different modes in your War Base.
Clan Wars stats improvements!
- All new War Stats tab shows lots of new cool war statistics. Find it under the blue star button after battle day begins.
- Most heroic victory and most heroic defense replays for each team are featured in the War Stats!
- Improved Clan war info pages under the blue star button are now outfitted with war related stats instead of general clan stats.
See information about total war attacks, defenses and war stars won per member in these Clan war info pages.
Clan Wars feature improvements!
- Dismiss donated troops from your War Base Clan Castle if they don't meet your standards!
- See in the clan chat when a leader or co-leader starts or cancels a Clan War matchmaking.
- Each base on the war map is now numbered to help you find bases easier.
- The ! notification icon on the war button will appear only once per war during preparation (instead of every session).
- Russian language is now supported in game settings!
- Fixed a display bug in spell factory capacity when scouting in war.
- A notification will appear in clan chat if Clan War matchmaking fails to find an opponent.
- Village edit mode available at Town Hall 3 (previously was 4).
- "Request/Full" texts are visible on the clan castle even while under upgrade.
- Improved the start war screen button layout and behavior.
Version 6.56.1 - 9th April 2014 "CLAN WARS"
Clan wars! The biggest update in Clash history is here!
- Fight clan versus clan in strategic showdowns full of bonus loot!
- Fill your clan's War Log with the details of each epic fight!
- Participate in Clan Wars at no risk to your resources, shield or trophies.
- Battle for two new achievements: War Hero and Spoils of War!
Clan castle renovation
- Rally huge clan support with Clan Castle level 6!
- Clan Castles now protect war loot payouts and are lootable in battle!
- Higher level Clan Castles hold more loot. Collect it whenever you like!
- Surprise! Only clan members can see what troops are hiding in the Clan Castle.
Gem overgrowth is BACK
- The Gem Box is back so keep an eye out for these mysterious boxes packed with gems!
- All Gem Boxes will now give more gems than the original ones. We’re sorry for the long wait!
Interface and Player Support improvements
- If you’re not in a League, your attacks won / defenses won statistics will not be shown.
- Confirmation button added to Global chat reporting. Report responsibly, Chief!
- New Help Center is now available! The first version is in English and you can find it under Settings -> Help and Support -> More Help.
Many more bug fixes, tweaks and performance improvements
Version 5.172 - 29th January 2014 "Hero Abilities!"
All hail new Hero abilities!
- Both Heroes have acquired special abilities that can be activated once per battle, after they have been deployed.
- Iron Fist: The Barbarian King and nearby Barbarians become enraged for a short time, moving faster and dealing more damage (does not stack with the Rage Spell).
- Royal Cloak: The Archer Queen hides from and becomes invisible to all enemy defenses for a short time.
- Both Hero abilities will instantly call in a group of Barbarians or Archers to reinforce their King or Queen.
- Hero abilities unlock for free at Hero level 5 and improve in strength every additional 5 Hero levels!
Flyers, freezers and brand new boosts
- Level 6 Minions are here to wreak havoc on enemy bases!
- Level 5 Freeze Spell leaves defenses on ice for longer than ever before.
- Get your Heroes back into battle faster by boosting their recovery 4x while sleeping.
- Boost cost and duration of Barracks and Spell Factory now reduced from 4 hours/20 gems to 2 hours/10 gems.
Clan Co-leaders take charge
- Clan Co-leaders can now be appointed by the Clan Leader or other Clan Co-leaders.
- Clan Co-leaders have all the privileges of Clan Leaders, except for the ability to demote or kick other Co-leaders.
- Clan Elders are now less powerful to prevent abuse, no longer able to promote or demote and only able to kick normal members.
- We wanted to give you more options for running your Clans. We also wanted to prevent Clans from falling into disrepair when the Leader goes AWOL. Ultimately, though, we want Clans to be run your way - so we aren't limiting how many Co-leaders there can be, it is entirely up to you. With great power comes great responsibility.
- New plant growth is being found with more gems inside than ever before!
- Because we care
- Mysterious boxes packed with gems are being reported all throughout the realm. Keep an eye out for them!
- See above ^ ^
- Chat is now available even when away from your village, such as when visiting and watching replays
- Army Camps, the Spell Factory and Clan Castle now display used capacity next to their name when they are selected.
- Friends List has been moved to the Leaderboard menu, on the last tab, replacing the Search Clans tab (Search Clans is still available from the Clan Castle menu).
- Rage Spell info now correctly indicates damage percentage increase (e.g. 30% instead of 130%).
- We're sticklers for accuracy and this has been incorrect for too long! PLEASE NOTE, this change does not make the Rage Spell any more or less powerful, it is purely a wording alteration.
- Obstacles can now be cleared in edit mode. (Yay!)
- Decreased the upgrade cost and time of Freeze Spell levels 3 and 4.
- With the addition of Freeze Spell level 5, we wanted to rebalance levels 3 and 4 to smooth out the upgrade curve.
- Decreased Rage Spell level 5 damage bonus from 80% to 70%.
- We want all max level Spells to be viable options and currently the level 5 Rage Spell is used in almost every single battle by high trophy players - therefore is wasn't optional. By tweaking it to make it less of a mandatory choice, we're hoping to see more diversity in the Spells you bring to battle!
- Increased Hog Rider training cost by about 30% on all levels.
- Increased Valkyrie hitpoints by about 20% on all levels.
- The Valkyrie hasn't been seeing much action on the battlefield - she needed beefing up!!
- Increased P.E.K.K.A hitpoints from 3400 to 3500 on level 3 and from 3800 to 4000 on level 4.
- Considering how much it costs to upgrade the P.E.K.K.A to level 3 and 4, we felt like a few more hitpoints were required to help balance and justify the upgrade.
Many more bug fixes, tweaks and performance improvements
Version 5.113.2 - 5th December 2013 "X-Mas & Loot change"
Winter is here
- Enjoy the snowy sights, sounds and hunt for elusive jingle-bearing trees
- Limited time special defense: Santa Strike! Call in an air strike of explosive presents (but what is inside the boxes?)
Reworked Inferno Tower is hotter than ever
- Brand new multiple target mode launches a blazing web of flames against several troops at once, but the flames will not charge up in this mode
- Troops targeted by the Inferno Tower are no longer able to be healed. Use multiple target mode to seriously hinder healing reliant armies
- Switch between the classic single target or new multiple target mode at any time
- Inferno Tower level 3 will help keep you warm this Winter
- Percentage of loot available now decreases based on defender's town hall level
- Maximum amount of loot available now increases based on defender's town hall level
- Loot bonus when attacking opponents at higher town hall levels has been removed
- Check out the Clash of Clans forum for much more information about these changes!
Interface and feature improvements
- Clash is now fully localized in Korean!
- Village Edit Mode: New base layouts in-progress will be automatically saved and resumed if the game restarts
- Added "Training capacity" to barracks info and upgrade screens
- Unarmed traps are now indicated a by a smoke effect instead of text bubbles
- Arabic text input has been improved
- Decreased the attack range of Inferno Towers from 10 to 9 tiles
- Decreased the cost of the Inferno Tower level 2 upgrade
- Slightly increased damage of level 4 Dragons
- Slightly increased HP and damage of level 6 Giants
Many more bug fixes, tweaks and performance improvements
Version 5.6.4 - 6th November 2013 "Trap Upgrades"
- Sick of puny bombs? Upgrade all of your explosive traps to blow up your foes bit time!
- Even sicker of constantly replacing your traps? Traps now stay put after use, and can be fully re-armed with a single button!
- Level 1 Giant Bomb is now much cheaper, though with a slightly decreased damage radius that can be upgraded.
- Bomb and Giant Bomb explode faster after being triggered.
- Seeking Air Mine and Air Bomb trigger radius has been decreased.
- Seeking Air Mines now cost Gold instead of Dark Elixir.
- Replacing traps always took a lot of time, and we’ve certainly experienced that ourselves. In this update, traps will remain right where you placed them, even after they are triggered. You will be able to rearm, and also upgrade your traps (besides spring traps). We believe this will make for more challenging raids while improving your chances on defense. If you’ve been avoiding traps, it’s time to be blown away!
Tier 1 terror in Town Hall 10
- Level 12 Archer Towers: stylish, deadly and oh so sharp.
- Level 6 Goblins: never forget your wallet again, nor anyone else's.
- Get your spells in a snap! Spell Factory boosting is now only 20 gems for 4 hours of boosting.
- Spells are now created with Elixir instead of Gold.
- You wanted an improved, and more useful spell boost. We felt that a 4 hour boost would be effective for those going on offense. We’ve also seen that for players of all levels Gold was hard to come by, while there was an overabundance of Elixir. Elixir is now for attacking, gold is for upgrading and defending your village! We wanted to make that division quite clear!
Clan and Interface improvements
- Players who are kicked out of or rejected from clans are automatically banned from that clan for 24 hours.
- Adios, spammers. This frequently requested addition will help by making it easier to run your clan. Leaders and Elders can use "Invite" feature to get a banned player into the clan.
- Tapping the active tab in the Inbox, Chat, Clan, Leaderboard, League or Search view will automatically scroll it to the top.
- TH loot multiplier is now capped at 1.5, even against 3 TH levels above or higher
- Slightly increased hitpoints for level 4 Dragon.
- Increased trap usage after this update, especially with seeking air mines, means our flying friends need a bit of a boost to remain viable.
- They are tons (literally) of fun to use, but haven’t been used much in raids lately. These changes make them even more hefty. Give them another look!
- Slightly decreased hitpoints for Hog Riders.
- Combined with shorter fuses on the bombs and a decrease in hit points, Hog Riders will be easier to make into bacon, and everyone (except for vegans, vegetarians, pescatarians, the religious, etc.) loves bacon!!! This should lead to players having to be a bit more strategic with their Hog Rider pals.
- Level 6 gobs for one. And because “slow is good” may be a company mantra, but doesn’t have to apply to defense upgrades.
Lots more bug fixes, tweaks and performance improvements!
- Level 5 Dark Barracks Hitpoints increased in 50 points.
- Slightly modification in Dark Elixir Storage glass.
Version 5.2.2 - 10th October 2013 "Unforced Update"
This new, unforced (for the first time ever - history in the making!) Clash Update has a couple minor fixes:
- Bug fixes for Village Edit Mode
- Bug fixes on iOS7 Text input
Version 5.2 - 30th September 2013 "Village Edit Mode"
Clash of Clans now officially supports iOS 7.
Brand new village edit mode
- Clear the clutter! Pick up all buildings and Walls at once and design your village from a clean slate.
- Quick and precise building placement by dragging from inventory.
- Place many Walls at once by selecting a wall piece, then dragging along the wall guide markers.
- Edit Mode is unlocked after you reach Town Hall level 4.
- Can you find all the tricks and treats? You might be shocked!
- Boogeymen at work: for a time, Spell Factory boosting is vastly longer and for only 1 gem!
- Pummel your foes with the level 8 Mortar.
- New troop request indicator in Clan chat: tap the indicator to scroll down to the latest pending troop request.
- Changed Elder Kick cooldown to be 20 minutes.
- Increased Valkyrie's attack damage (all levels).
- Increased hitpoints & damage of level 6 Giant.
- Increased hitpoints and heal of Healer (levels 3 and 4).
- Slightly decreased hitpoints of Hog Rider (all levels).
Many smaller fixes and tweaks!
Version 4.120 - 27th August 2013 "Player Profile"
Brand new Player Profile feature
- See XP level, league badge and trophy count all in one place.
- Includes achievement progress, clan status, league wins and troop donations.
Hog Rider rework!
- The new and improved Hog Rider now targets defenses, allowing new Hog Rider tactics.
- Damage increased: the Hog Rider now packs a heavier punch with his sledge hammer!
- Hogs now have personal trainers to get them in jumping shape, reducing Hog Rider training time.
New spell, unit and building levels
New clan features
- Trophy requirement to join a clan can now be up to 3,600 trophies.
- Added cooldown for Elders kicking out Clan Members
Three of the most challenging, most rewarding achievements yet!
- League All-Star: push your league progress to the limit and earn our highest ever gem rewards!
- X-Bow Exterminator: earn gems for taking out those pesky X-Bows.
- Firefighter: destroy the dreaded Inferno Towers and get handsomely rewarded.
- Replay sharing improved: shared replays now show loot, trophies and can include a custom message.
- Achievement progress is now tracked even after an achievement is fully completed.
- Info screen added for secondary units (Skeleton and Golemite).
- Chat can be scrolled all the way to the top by clicking on the tab above it.
- Most League loot bonuses have been increased.
- Decreased cost of Heal, Rage, Jump and Freeze Spells.
- Decreased the Witch's attack range.
- Decreased training time of Balloon and Wizard (from 10 to 8 minutes).
- Decreased the upgrade cost of level 3 Freeze Spell.
- Increased heal spell radius from 3.5 to 5 tiles.
Many smaller fixes and tweaks!
- Level 6 Wall Breakers' Bomb become a Barrel Bomb.
- Global Chat and Clan Chat highlighted when you receive a new message and the scroll is down.
Maintenance - 9th August 2013 "1st Anniversary boost ends"
Today's maintenance break will end the 1st Anniversary boost, I hope you all enjoyed it!! We will also make two tweaks while in maintenance:
- Resource collector Boost will be improved (cheaper, lasts longer)
- Giant Bomb will be improved (cheaper, more damage)
Version 4.74 - 29th July 2013 "The Witch"
- New unit: the Witch! Skilled in the dark art of necromancy, the Witch reanimates the skeletons of dead warriors. Commanding her undead horde, she's a fearsome sight in battle!
- Dark Barracks level 5 upgrade available, unlocks the Witch.
- Knock down immovable objects with the unstoppable force of level 6 Wall Breaker!
- Share your coolest battle replays with your clan members in clan chat! You may share one replay with your clan every 30 minutes.
- You can now temporarily mute a player in global chat. Their messages won't be displayed on your screen.
- Top Players leaderboard now displays "Attacks Won" and "Defenses Won" statistics, similarly to League rankings.
- Your opponent's name and clan are now visible during a replay.
- Decreased Hog Rider's housing space requirement from 6 to 5.
- Increased Valkyrie's attack damage (all levels).
- Decreased Valkyrie's training cost (levels 1, 2 and 3).
- Decreased the upgrade cost of Dark Barracks (levels 2, 3 and 4).
- Many other small tweaks and fixes.
- Row Walls rotation.
Version 4.54 - 24th June 2013 "Gold Mine & Elixir Pump for TH10"
Version 4.53 - 17th June 2013 "Freeze spell & Japanese"
This update brings an exciting new battle spell, Japanese language support and more!
High Level Magic
- Freeze Spell: freeze enemy turrets and ground troops solid! While frozen, defensive structures will be disabled and troops immobilized.
- Master the arcane arts with level 5 Spell Factory.
- Let the sparks fly with level 6 Lightning Spell.
- Cure the most grievous damage with level 6 Heal Spell.
- Crush your enemies with P.E.K.K.A level 4.
- Upgrade the Cannon to level 12 for awesome firepower.
- Make your village perimeter near-impenetrable with level 11 Walls.
- Clear your airspace with an additional Air Bomb and a Seeking Air Mine.
- Turn on the heat with a second Inferno Tower.
- Turn your foes into pincushions with a third X-Bow.
- Upgrade your Army Camp to level 8, and muster a truly epic fighting force!
- Japanese language setting now available.
- Added speed up option to next Clan Castle troop request.
- Players can now attach a custom message to a clan troop request.
- Performance was increased with multiple optimizations.
- Text sharpness improved.
- Battle will not end automatically if player has unused Clan Castle troops or Lightning Spells.
- Improved profanity filter for many languages.
- Heal spell is now more effective (all levels).
- Dark Elixir Storage has increased hitpoints.
- Jump Spell now affects all troop types even at level 1.
- Level 2 Jump Spell duration doubled.
- Player level cap increased to 300.
Also many small bug fixes and tweaks!
Version 4.14 - 23rd May 2013 "Town Hall 10 - the Fiery Fortress"
- The Inferno Tower shoots a jet of flame that burns through even the thickest armor.
- The flame takes a while to heat up, making it most effective against the biggest and baddest troops.
- Stop Heroes, P.E.K.K.As and Golems in their tracks, and shoot Dragons out of the sky!
- Be careful: the Inferno Tower can be overwhelmed by a swarm of smaller targets.
Unlock powerful new upgrades with Town Hall level 10:
- Additional Cannon, Archer Tower, Giant Bomb and Dark Elixir Drill.
- New heroic levels for Barbarian King and Archer Queen.
- New upgrade levels for X-Bow and Air Defence.
Attack log and replays!
- Watch replays of your attacks.
- See a log of your attack history with a record of loot and trophies captured.
- Show your most dominant victories to friends and family.
- Analyze your toughest fights and improve your skills.
Level 8 Laboratory: better, faster and stronger than ever!
- Unleash the ancient Red Dragon (Dragon level 4).
- Rock on with Golem level 5.
- Support the troops with Healer level 4.
- Chinese language setting is now available.
- Hugely expanded keyboard support. Write in any language!
- Smileys and other emoji characters supported in chat! Add the special Emoji keyboard in your device settings (General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard).
- Quickly browse through Barracks, Dark Barracks and Spell Factory screens by tapping arrows.
- Number of clan troops received is now shown in addition to the number of troops donated.
- The center of your village is now marked with a plaque.
- Personal breaks enforced for players who stay continuously in-game for very long periods of time.
- Decreased Healer's housing space requirement, training time and training cost.
- Decreased Heroes' upgrade times, regeneration times and upgrade costs on some levels.
- Decreased training cost of Golem on level 2, 3 and 4.
- Decreased cost of Town Hall level 9 upgrade.
- Decreased cost of Laboratory upgrade to level 5, 6 and 7.
- Decreased cost of X-Bow upgrade to level 2 and 3.
- Decreased cost of Air Defense upgrade to level 7.
- Decreased cost of Dark Elixir Drill upgrade.
Also many small bug fixes and tweaks!
[Taken from the Supercell forum.]
Version 3.124 - 17th April 2013 "Leagues"
Introducing Leagues: compete in your own division!
- Joining a League is easy: just own 400 trophies or more!
- Get a Loot Bonus out of every victory just from being in a League!
- Loot Bonus increases the higher you climb in the Leagues.
New unit, defenses and building upgrades
- Rock Hard: summon a mighty Golem with Dark Elixir. A glutton for punishment, the Golem won't stop even if you hack it in half!
- Upgrade the Dark Barracks to level 4 to unlock the Golem.
- Bolster your defenses with an additional Wizard Tower and a Seeking Air Mine at Town Hall level 9.
- Level 5 Clan Castle and level 7 Hidden Tesla upgrade now available, also at Town Hall level 9!
- Clan Leader is now able to send messages directly to Clan Members' inboxes.
- Chat message formatting overhauled.
- Clan tournament length increased to two weeks, reward doubled.
- Troop donation statistics now reset every other week.
- Clan troop donation information is now visible to all players, not just Clan members.
- If Clan Castle has space for more troops, "Request" message displayed on top of it.
- Added option for rotating a Wall section.
- Added confirmation dialog when speeding up unit and spell upgrades.
- Attack notification improved for players playing with multiple devices.
- The percentage of loot that can be stolen from Gold Storage and Elixir Storage was decreased to make it easier for newer players to save up resources. The maximum possible amount of loot remains the same.
- Upgrade times for Hog Rider, Minion, and Valkyrie decreased.
- Air Bomb explosion radius decreased.
- Level 5 Minion hitpoints decreased.
- Hidden Tesla trigger radius increased.
- Gold Mine, Elixir Pump and Dark Barracks upgrade times reduced.
- Spells are now much faster to create.
- Balloons explode and deal additional damage when destroyed.
- Wall Breaker behavior improved.
- Mortar and Wizard Tower don't restart their attack cycle if their would-be target is destroyed, instead they switch targets.
- Clan Castle troops deploy faster to the battlefield.
- When your village is under attack from flying units only, your melee troops will stay inside the Clan Castle.
Also many small bug fixes and tweaks!
[Taken from the Supercell forum.]
Version 3.54 - 12th March 2013 "Dark Elixir Troops"
Get ready to unleash the true power of Dark Elixir...
- Minions: These fast flying menaces rain down deadly acid on their foes.
- Hog Riders: Hammer in one hand and hog reins in the other, these mighty warriors leap over Walls and go straight for enemy buildings.
- Valkyries: Armed with mighty two handed axes, these maidens unleash whirlwinds of doom upon everything around them.
- If you happen to see dark tombstones, you'll know you're being visited by these awesome new Dark Barracks troops.
Having trouble with walls?
- Improved Wall Breaker training techniques have revolutionized the cunning of these fearless demolitionists. Wall Breakers now maximize the potential of each and every bomb, avoiding decoys and distractions.
- These crafty new Wall Breakers demanded a bit more elbow room, so they now take up two camp spaces.
- Players now have an option to move multiple wall pieces at one time. Yay!
- Troops can be deployed near obstacles, so no more getting lost in a sea of flags.
- A new laboratory screen lets you browse available upgrades even while an upgrade is already in progress.
- Ever wondered how much loot can you get from single players levels? Well now you can find out, just by tapping the map.
- The Battle Results screen now shows your loot with spaces between numbers (100 000 instead of 100000).
- A handy total destruction percentage is now included in the battle log.
- If a Barracks is being upgraded, its queued troops no longer count towards the "Troop capacity after training" count in the Barracks' training screen.
- Our code wizards have made the game run silky smooth, even at the high levels. This means better control over battles.
Improved game balance!
- Wizards and Dragons now do small area splash damage.
- Decreased training time for P.E.K.K.A.
- Decreased training cost for Dragon and P.E.K.K.A.
- Increased hitpoints and damage for level 1-2 P.E.K.K.A and Dragon.
[Taken from the Supercell forum.]
- Timestamps in clan chat are now broken.
- Laboratory changes refer to Rage Spell as "Haste".
- Dragons now deal splash damage.
- Wizards now deal splash damage.
- [Add your own]
Version 3.25 - 5th February 2013
Cool New Leaderboards
- Climb to the top of your Clan; see who's on the rise and who's falling.
- New local Leaderboards: who's the best player in your country?.
- Clan members who recently joined tagged as "New".
- Supersize my Leaderboards! More players now fit onboard.
New unit upgrades!
- Upgrade your Laboratory to unlock these mighty level 6 units.
- Barbarians get sharper swords and mighty horned helmets.
- Archers get new bow techniques and fashionable tiaras from their Queen.
- Giants are heartier and hairier than ever.
- Balloons are pimped out with spikes and the Jolly Roger.
Air-tight air defense!
- New deadly traps to stop airborne attackers: Air Bomb and Seeking Air Mine.
- Upgrade your Air Defense turrets to level 7 to shoot down the nastiest dragons.
- Turn enemy Balloons into pincushions with the level 11 Archer Tower.
- Heroes recover health faster thanks to the Alchemists' new sleep potion.
- Hero level and stats are now displayed correctly when visiting villages.
- Heroes now patrol a larger area and show guard radius when tapped.
- We discovered that metal armor conducts electrickery! P.E.K.K.A is now a priority target and receives extra damage from Hidden Teslas.
- Spell creation times reduced - blast more magic more often.
- Notification when your troops are ready for battle (Army Camps full).
- Wall levels 9 and 10 strengthened: hold off the rampaging hordes for longer.
- Shop now notifies when new items are available.
- New Achievements: Heroic Heist and Mortar Mauler.
- Lower reload costs for X-Bow levels 2 and 3.
- Tapping a trap shows its trigger radius.
Version 3.3 - 10th January 2013
- Introducing Clash of Clans HEROES: The Barbarian King & The Archer Queen!
- Heroes are immortal! Unlike other troops, they will not perish in combat. If they are injured, they can simply sleep it off
- New rare resource: discover Dark Elixir, formed over aeons from fossilized Black Dragon bones!
- Use Dark Elixir to recruit Heroes and upgrade their abilities.
- Build a Dark Elixir Storage on Town Hall level 7 and take the precious resource from other players.
- Dig deeper: Dark Elixir Drills unlocked on Town Hall level 8.
Cool New defences
- Two new X-Bow upgrade levels for maximum firepower.
- You can now build two X-Bows on Town Hall level 9.
- Two new wall upgrade levels: "Spikes of Pain" and "Flaming Magma".
Know your clan members
- Find out who are the most valuable members of your clan! Clan members now get a troop donation score (counted as Clan Castle housing space filled).
- Also, the "Friend in Need" achievement now counts donated troops in terms of Clan Castle housing space filled.
- Added new limits for the clan trophy requirements. 3000 is the new maximum.
Balance modifications & bug fixes
- Stockpile more Gold and Elixir! New storages added to Town Hall level 9.
- Barracks level 8 upgrade cost reduced by 30%.
- X-Bow range decreased to 11 tiles in Air & Ground mode.
- X-Bow ammo capacity decreased by 25%.
- X-Bow loading cost displayed in the info screen.
- The Winter is over! Santa Spell and Unpleasant Present removed. And it has stopped snowing!
- You can now tap and hold the Create Spell button to queue spell production.
Version 2.111 - 11/19/2012
Introducing Clash of Clans limited time Winter special!
- Winter theme complete with the best snow fall effect ever seen!
- Surprise your enemies with the Unpleasant Present! Special gift-wrapped explosive trap.
- New spell: Ask Santa to deliver a devastating bombardment to your enemy's village.
- Rare X-mas tree, can you spot it?
Huge improvements to matchmaking!
- Offered matches will now be a lot better and closer to your own trophy count.
- Queue system added! Less hitting of the "Find a match" button.
- New system will work much faster than before.
Big permanent improvements
- Are you in a hurry? Now you can Boost up your resource buildings (starting up at level 5), Barracks (starting up at level 4) and Spell Factory
- Leaderboards now shows daily rank changes, see who rises and who falls.
- Introducing Army Camp level 7, now you can create even bigger armys!
- Attention Town Hall level 9 owners! You can now build an additional Cannon!
- Added more space to the village to make it easier to move things around and build bigger villages.
- Decorate your village with the Statue of P.E.K.K.A! Only available to players above level 75!
- Defending Clan Castle troops have learned how to jump over Walls, just like the villagers do.
Balance changes and other fixes
- Town Hall hit points were increased.
- Healer hit points increased.
- P.E.K.K.A level 2 and 3 hit points decreased.
- Clan Castle shows activation radius once again.
While not officially announced in the release notes, this update also removed the waterfall.
Version 2.86 - 10/27/2012
Get ready for the HALLOWEEN EXTRAVAGANZA
- Magic is in the air! You can now create spells faster than ever before.
- Tricks! Brand new Pumpkin Bombs available for limited time only.
- Treats! We increased the amount of gems in some gem packages.
- Witches and Monsters! Training cost of Wizards, Dragons and P.E.K.K.As decreased.
Town Hall level 9 added!
- New defensive turret: the X-Bow! This weapon shoots bolts of Elixir with a super fast rate of fire.
- New spell: Jump! Boost your troops over enemy Walls. Upgrading the Jump Spell allows even Giants and P.E.K.K.As to jump over Walls.
- P.E.K.K.A has a fearsome new look that can be unlocked by upgrading her to level 3.
- New upgrade levels for Cannons, Mortars, Wizard Towers, Spell Factory, Mines, Collectors and Storages.
Bug fixes and other changes
- Find your biggest rivals with Clan Search.
- Removed the option to sell buildings.
- Fixed rare bug that caused build times to be off-sync with shield times.
- Fixed a bug that player and alliance trophy counts to be displayed differently.
Version 2.73 - 10/15/2012
- Global chat is now moderated! Report offensive messages by tapping them and choosing "Report".
- Improved profanity filter for global chat creates a nicer and safer chatting environment.
- You can now set minimum amount of trophies required for your clan. Players won't be able to apply if they don't meet the minimum requirements.
- Added notices to Clan chat when members are promoted, demoted, join or are kicked out of the clan.
- You can now send a personal message when you kick someone out of your clan.
- Players with lower Town Hall levels now lose less resources when attacked by higher Town Hall level players (2 level difference or more).
- There is now a short no-attack period after maintenance breaks to allow players to log back in unperturbed.
- Added an extra confirmation step when loading village from Game Center to avoid accidents.
Version 2.44 - 09/18/2012
- Full support for iPhone 5 and 5th generation iPod Touch.
- Big new feature: Spells! (Spell Factory unlocks on Town Hall level 5).
- Introducing three spells: Lightning, Healing and Rage Spell
- Replays added to Battle Log! Now you can see what happened when someone attacked your village.
- Added Wizard Tower unlock to Town Hall level 6 and another Hidden Tesla to Town Hall level 8.
- Matchmaking now gives you better matches and works faster.
- Troop upgrades are now visualized.
- Many visual effects were improved.
- Support for iOS 6 Game Center challenges.
- Shop and Battle Log redesigned for iPhone and iPod Touch.
- You can now view helpful hints while the game is loading.
- Added 3rd upgrade level for Dragon.
- Fixed the troop donation bug.
- Troop training and housing mechanics improved.
- Canceling building upgrades does not give the full price back anymore.
- Building Walls is instant but requires available worker.
- Combat balance tweaks.
- Confirmation popup when speeding up building construction and upgrading.
- Players gain a very short Shield if disconnected from the server unintentionally.
- Server now runs battles to the end if user gets disconnected during battle.
- You can now view the clan before you accept the invitation.
Version 2.21 - 08/30/2012
- Introducing new shocking defense unit: Hidden Tesla (unlocks on Town Hall level 7).
- You can now see traps when visiting own clan members.
- New Visual effects (Dragon Attack, Wizard Tower attack).
- New decoration flags for: Sweden, China, Norway, Thailand, India, Australia, South Korea, Japan.
- Added FAQ and forums.
- Improved Healer AI
- Spring Trap doesn't affect to P.E.K.K.A anymore and her speed has been increased.
- Building regeneration times decreased.
- Cooldown added to shield buying (can't be shielded all the time anymore).
- Bug fix: Achievements didn't always get updated to the Game Center.