- Introduced in the Halloween update on September 30, 2013, Village Edit Mode is unlocked when your Town Hall reaches level 3.
- It enables the user to quickly clear their village space, so they can spend more time carefully designing their new base.
- Your village layouts are saved automatically when you close the app in Village Edit Mode.
- Going into village edit mode doesn't prevent you from being raided.
- It can help to notice new obstacles and remove them.
- You can remove buildings and put them into your inventory, allowing you to change your village more efficiently. Your inventory is separated by building type and level. In addition, you will be told how many of each building you have.
- Village edit mode allows you to see the invalid/valid spawn locations of raiding players, previously only seen for a brief second after you move Buildings or Walls.
- As of the 29 January 2014 update, Obstacles can now be cleared in Village Edit Mode, though they still require resources, time and a free Builder.
- As of the December 2014 update, you can now save multiple bases and switch between them quickly.
- You are not able to upgrade Buildings while in this mode.