"This undead creature poses little threat by itself. But it never fights alone, since the Witch can summon an endless horde of Skeletons against your enemy!"
- Skeletons are troops the Witch summons to help her fight.
- They are similar to Barbarians in attack damage, but have lower health and move faster.
- Skeletons have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building to them. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and engage the enemy troops instead. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, they will proceed to attack the nearest building from their current location.
- They can be a good tank for single damage defense buildings in large numbers, but are vulnerable to splash damage.
- Offensive Strategy
- Try to avoid splash damaging defenses to keep your Skeletons alive.
- Skeletons can act as a "bone shield" to Witches, protecting them from other defenses.
- Defensive Strategy
- Witches in your Clan Castle will summon hordes of Skeletons to confront the enemy.
- Single-target defenses like Cannons can be overwhelmed by Skeletons (especially if the single-target defense cannot one-shot the Skeleton), which means splash-damaging defenses like the Mortar and the Wizard Tower are your defense's best chance of eliminating hordes of these subtroops. Have Mortars and Wizard Towers as high-leveled as possible; they can be able to one-shot Skeletons and this leaves the Witch vulnerable to the defenses. Inferno Towers set to multi-target are also good at eliminating a few Skeletons at a time.
- Like the Lava Pup, the Skeleton's stats or appearance do not change when the Witch is upgraded.
- You can have a maximum of 558 Skeletons fighting for you on the battlefield at any one time. Of these, 220 Skeletons come from 22 maximum-level Witches (20 from fully upgraded Army Camps and 2 from a level 4 or higher Clan Castle) that spawn 10 Skeletons each, and the other 338 come from 13 max-level Skeleton Spells (11 from your spell storage and the other 2 donated into your level 7 Clan Castle), that spawn 26 Skeletons each.
- When you have a Witch in your Clan Castle, and it creates Skeletons during a defense, the Skeletons that were made do not go back into the Clan Castle.
- As one of the three subtroops (the others being the Golemite and the Lava Pup), it cannot be trained, placed or donated directly via the Clan Castle (although the parent Troops can).
- The Skeleton is currently the only subtroop that is summoned (rather than spawned upon death) by its parent troop, and the only subtroop that is not a smaller version of its parent troop.
- The Skeleton appears to be identical to the Skeletons that are spawned via the Skeleton Spell and Skeleton Trap unless the latter is set to target air troops.
- Unlike the Skeleton Trap's Skeletons, they do not have a skull next to their health bar.
- The Skeleton is one of the two troops you cannot level up, the other one being the Lava Pup, although you cannot upgrade temporary troops like the Ice Wizard and Battle Ram.
|Home Village Army|
|Elixir Troops||Barbarian • Archer • Giant • Goblin • Wall Breaker • Balloon • Wizard • Healer • Dragon • P.E.K.K.A • Baby Dragon • Miner|
|Dark Elixir Troops||Minion • Hog Rider • Valkyrie • Golem (Golemite) • Witch (Skeleton) • Lava Hound (Lava Pup) • Bowler|
|Heroes||Barbarian King • Archer Queen • Grand Warden|
|Spells||Lightning Spell • Healing Spell • Rage Spell • Jump Spell • Freeze Spell • Clone Spell|
|Dark Spells||Poison Spell • Earthquake Spell • Haste Spell • Skeleton Spell|